Recycling!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
24 yrs ago I bought a Clydesdale mare and her tack, which was certainly not new.
After she was pts 10 yrs later in 2000, I used it for a while on the next Clydie mare but then got a Saddle Company saddle made for her. The SC saddle was then adapted to fit the ID. I kept the old saddle more for sentimental reasons than anything else.

When I bought the Westphalien Draft mare 3 1/2 yrs ago, she brought her tack with her. She was massively overweight and after a diet, insisted that her saddle no longer fitted. She was absolutely right, so after trying a few saddles, including a friend's tree-less, we settled on the late 14.3 cob's extra wide. She has worn that for a few months but has recently been telling me that it isn't as comfortable as she thought (she has lost some more weight).

So today, in desperation, I tried the old Clydesdale's saddle on her. She went beautifully in it, it frees her shoulders up fantastically.

So the moral of this story is - never throw anything away!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Not sure I've seen a picture of this mare, P. Any chance??

I desperately regret selling a Cardanel saddle which didn't fit creature once he dropped weight. It would blooming fit him now and was so comfortable!!

Bede

Visit site
I never do!

At the last count I had 11 saddles ( for 3 horses, only 1 of which is rideable)

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
IMG_0123.jpg

This is the mare in question, before the weight loss and without saddle :D (I'm Pearlsasinger's sister btw :) )

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I never do!

At the last count I had 11 saddles ( for 3 horses, only 1 of which is rideable)

We have every saddle we have ever had, incuding one for a 12hh Section A!

Will that do, CT? I can't do photos on here, in fact atm, it's all I can do to post a sentence - it's taken 3 attempts to post this reply (so far) :)

cambrica

Visit site
I have a collection of old saddles that are probably pretty worthless so they are stored away (just in case!)
I also have a bespoke bridle made for a shire we had years ago. I smile everytime I see it although I doubt I'd ever have anything that big again.

Beautiful mare btw :))

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I have a collection of old saddles that are probably pretty worthless so they are stored away (just in case!)
I also have a bespoke bridle made for a shire we had years ago. I smile everytime I see it although I doubt I'd ever have anything that big again.

Beautiful mare btw :))

Thank you. I certainly think so.

She wears a bridle which was custom-made for the original Clydesdale with a longer than usual throat-latch and a bigger nose-band, with the addition of a longer brow-band, which the 2nd Clydie needed. Although she is only 16hh, while they were 16.3/17hh, she could almost use slightly longer cheek=pieces. I do like the feeling of continuity which comes from her wearing their tack.