Red Horse Field Paste - Stronghold

AdorableAlice

Visit site
The wet under foot conditions have left my big old boy with washed out sensitive soles that are slightly smelly.

He stands on a perfectly dry bed but has 24/7 access to his swamp like paddock and although he doesn't spend too much time stood in the wet his soles are waterlogged. Has anyone tried the Red Horse Products for this problem.

Many thanks

ITPersonnage

Visit site
I am a big fan of Red Horse Products but I looked on their web site and this one might be better for your purposes - https://redhorseproducts.com/shop-2/new-stuff/hydrohoof-hoof-moisturiser-250ml/ but I can't say I have used it, hopefully someone else might have ? My mare's hooves are too dry so I'd be interested in hearing about it from the other perspective (says it can help overly dry & saturated hooves)

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I'm currently using the Red Horse Stronghorn spray successfully for just this problem. Both my Cushing's mares had got soft sensitive waterlogged soles over this wet winter. The Stronghorn needs to be applied to dry soles and then allowed to dry (say 30 mins?) before turnout.

I was applying it daily, now down to two or three times a week.

AFB

Visit site
Another that really rates their products but I haven't used this one specifically

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I have been using the Redhorse sole cleanse this winter as one of mine had seedy toe and farrier didn't want it packed out with anything. Cleared it up a treat and neither of them have suffered from thrush even living out 24/7. Very impressed with the product because it actually does what it says it will do.

Pc2003

Visit site
I use the field paste and it literally clears any thrush by the next day. I love their products. They seem to last a while too so worth the coat