Red Rufus - Agrobs Distributor

HBB

Visit site
I really dislike doing one of these types of posts but what on earth is going on with Red Rufus the Agrobs distributor? I put in an order through their online shop over 8 weeks ago, they've taken my money but nothing has arrived yet. I have left voice mails and emails asking for an update on my order but no one is replying.
I can understand there may be stock issues due to brexit and covid but a quick reply from them would be helpful.
Is anyone else having problems with deliveries not arriving and getting no updates or replies?

Identityincrisis

Visit site
Yes! But it is due to issues getting goods in. I was lucky enough to speak to them, they were very sorry but they're just struggling. I ended up getting a refund and ordering an alternative that was in stock but it still took a week to arrive!

I love their feeds so would be sorry to give up

Reactions: HBB

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site

Boulty

Visit site
I haven’t dealt with them directly for years but wanted some samples for fusspot fuzzball. Chased them back end of last week as other companies I’d requested samples from had all sent them. They apologised in a roundabout way (although seemed astounded that I wouldn’t expect Easter to cause major disruption) & said they’d be with me early part of week just gone. Status is still awaiting processing & no reply to second chasing email yet. I have been reminded of why when I last used it I got it online from elsewhere or drove to a feed shop (as they’ve never been the most organised & one feed shop around here stopped stocking them as got fed up with them, the other found an alternative distributor but was thinking of going down the same route)

HBB

Visit site
Thank you everyone for you replies, their lack of communication is so frustrating. I really like their products and the ponies do too so I am reluctant to change their feed.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Efeed stock Agrobs too and I’ve always found them great and way cheaper than Equisupermarket!
The list price on efeeds is less, but then IME then they pile on sh1tloads of shipping costs per bag and it ends up costing more than equisupermarket.

How do you wrangle the delivery charges, am I missing something?

fairyclare

Visit site
This is exactly why I stopped ordering through RR, the communication was zero and that was a very long time before covid or Brexit!

My local'ish feed shop stocks a very small selection of Agrobs, I get what I can there and mainly use Thunderbrooks instead.

DirectorFury

Visit site
The list price on efeeds is less, but then IME then they pile on sh1tloads of shipping costs per bag and it ends up costing more than equisupermarket.

How do you wrangle the delivery charges, am I missing something?
This is something I hadn’t considered to be honest, I’m usually only ordering 2 bags of feed (1 horse and she only gets a token bucket) at a time so it works out at £12ish, though I suppose that adds £6 a bag onto the list price :eek:. I tried ordering through Millbury Hill once and their list price was way higher than efeed, and they tried to charge me £25 for delivery so I gave that up as a bad job.