Redpost / Lillisford stud - Sire: Wurzel

liliro1

Visit site
Hi,
I’ve noticed that a few of you are from down in Devon and go to Redpost equestrian and was just wondering if any of you know/ have any info about their sire Wurzel?

Like wise do any of you have any of his offspring as my gelding is by him and can be quite quirky and just wondered if this was a family trait or he's just an "individual"?

Any info would be huuugely appreciated.

Thanks
Lisa

dixie

Visit site
I know Wurzel - he's a lovely horse !

I know quite a few of his stock and they seem to vary quite a bit. I'm sure Louise Tuff would love to hear from you.

In what way is your gelding "quirky"?

liliro1

Visit site
quirky.... when he's good he's amazing, when he's horrible he really is a swine. And he is slightly unconventional breeding as his dam is a new forrest/arab mare.
I've had him 7 months and he's rising 9 and this is his first season of proper work and ever going out competing due to his previous owner being quite a nervous rider. He has really settled down know though.
He has a massive personality and an amazing jump (like his dad maybe?).

Sorry who is Louise Tuff?

liliro1

Visit site
Ahhh have seen the website but didnt know that they owned him.

Actually up in Lincolnshire and not sure how to post pics but this is him
http://www.pbase.com/jaqcom/image/111795763
(if it works)

I think he looks a little like wurzel in his colouring.

You say you know of a couple of his other babies what fields are they competing in?

dixie

Visit site
He looks lovely - does have Wurzels colouring.

Ummm, they definitely have a chestnut Wurzel son who is 9yrs now. They have BSJA'd him but at a very low level (up to Newcomers I think) - he seems very accident prone. Actually thinking about it in that year they did have a grey foal and a chestnut foal and they sold the grey on. I thought it was a mare though but could well have been yours?

The other is a bay mare, owned by Tracey, one of the girls who works in their shop. She must be about 13 now and again she BSJA'd, again at a low level as Tracey works most weekends.

There was a very smart grey, one of Wurzels early foals who did very well at dressage as well. Can't quite remember his name but something like Harry Hotshot ?

liliro1

Visit site
Thanks for that, very interesting.
Harvey wasnt born at the stud to be honest, but have seen his baby pics and he was deep chesntut with a blaze and 3 white socks/ stockings didnt turn white grey till he was gone 4...... maybe where he gets his firey nature from lol.

Might drop them an email

dixie

Visit site
Definitely do that - they're really nice and I'm 100% sure they'll love to hear from you. Louise is really slow at looking at her emails though so don't expect an immediate response!
grin.gif

liliro1

Visit site
just had a look for an email on the website and cant find an email address. Dont surpose you have one which you could possible PM me with?