reflective gear. pink v's yellow

Skhosu

Visit site
I prefer yellow. I have a tabard, hat cover and now a brand spanking new exercise sheet so I'll not be missed!
I think pink may be a litttle less 'reflective'?

Jay89

Visit site
PINK!! Lol i own both but deffo prefer pink lol!! I would say pink just as effective as it can be seen just as easily as yellow and the reflective strips work on whatever colour!! So yea Pink all the way!!

RachelB

Visit site
I think yellow definately stands out more, but I have all yellow except my pink exercise sheet, and it's so pink that people slow down to get a good look!
Other than that I always go with yellow though.

clipclop

Visit site
Pink and Yellow stand out as well as eachother during daylight, in night light they are both crap!!

If any of you ride as it is coming down dark, please, please get some proper lights!

You can have as much bright gear on as you like but on dark lanes it just isn't noticable enough. The reflective strips don't reflect until you are in the headlights which is no good on up hill bends etc.

Hang on, just got to check Christmas night isn't around,,,,,*glances from side to side,,,,whispers*I must admit a prefer the pink to look at
blush.gif
Shhhhhhh!!
wink.gif

teapot

Visit site
Wasn't there a letter in H&H saying that pink flourescent stuff is actually more visible than yellow.

Neither of them are reflective without reflective material on them.

Kermie

Visit site
I have pink fluorescent stuff with reflective bands/badges for my mares, but I also have some orange stuff for my gelding!
wink.gif

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I think the yellow shows up best and use leg wraps as the movement seems to catch drivers eyes more. However would agree that nothing is good enough for riding when cars need their lights on, stay at home if possible and we DO NOT RIDE ON THE ROAD IN FOG, I nearly hit a horse yesterday on our lane, I was going about 10 miles an hour, the rider had hi-viz on but was invisible till I was right behind them.

Snowberry

Visit site
We've got both - Hattie uses a yellow exercise sheet, a pink FLASHING vest!
blush.gif
and various other bits that are all mix and matched!
I live down the end of a bridle path and its a HUGE bugbare of mine when people wear NO REFLECTIVE gear at all! On Christmas even I almost splatted 2 dogs and a walker, the walker was dressed from head to toe in BLACK - this was at 6pm!
Every single evening you can guarantee some idiot will be out walking their dogs in the dark with no reflective gear on
confused.gif
There are also a couple of idiotic riders that come through the yard with no reflective gear on and then scream when I dont see them when I'm driving past in my car!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

Chex

Visit site
I think yellow is better for when its a bit dull, and pink is better for when its bright sunshine, or riding near yellow fields (oil seedrape etc). My stuff is all yellow though.

CrazyMare

Visit site
Pink, yellow and orange are all effective fluroescent colours, best combined with some reflective strips.

Personally I feel I can't have too much HiViz so we generally have our reflective brushing boots, tabard and exercise sheet, and going to add some rein strips and hat band I think!

Some people on my yard go out with nothing, as they think having a light coloured horse is enough!!

Pidge

Visit site
I have yellow leg wraps with reflective strip on them as well. Yellow exercise sheet and a reflective hat band. My sister has pink and reflective leg wraps, yellow tabard and a pink hat band. Don't care what we look like as long as drivers can see us. must admit though that when the sun hits the pink it stands out more than the yellow, however don't think I'd ever put Pidge in pink
tongue.gif

Stella

Visit site
Lillies - your horse is very handsome. I love black horses
smile.gif

I wear (and Flora wears) Yellow. rightly or wrongly, I'd feel an idiot in Pink, its just so not me !!