Registered Classes Q -Connemara

RhiannonE

Visit site
Hi,

I've got a registered pure bred Connemara with all of his papers etc BUT he's 15.2hh which I am pretty sure is "too big" for Conne's?
If I was to enter say a pure bred M&M class would he still be eligible or because of his height would he be disqualified?
(As you can tell I've never done any showing or the like - but seeing as everyone who sees him has said "oo are you doing a M&M on him or a working hunter"etc I sort of thought why not give it a go!)

Thanks

Rhi

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
He is over height (exceeds 148 cm/14.2HH) so you can't compete him in any class as a connemara which is an affiliated class under the jurisdiction of the British Connemara Pony Society - ie PUK, NPS etc.

You can do over height classes at the Breed Show and compete in other showing classes like WH, Riding Club Horse etc.

Hope this helps.

RhiannonE

Visit site
Oh how disappointing! I finally have a "pedigree" horse and he's too big haha! Oh well, I wouldn't change him for the world and as you say I could do local shows, WH etc as I'm not looking to seriously compete showing wise.
x

fruity

Visit site
He looks gorge! I was looking for an overgrown Connie when i was buying and ended up with a Holsteiner x T.B /N.F!! A lot of people think she's one as she's the colour and shape of one! I would do working hunter classes with him,he'd do well. I'm aiming to that with my mare,she was bred to event and hunt. I'm also considering a hack class as she's l/w but not sure if she's dainty enough.

josiesmithuk

Visit site
He looks very smart, I would be very tempted to plait up and show as a Workers, it seems to be where a lot of the overheight connies end up and do very well.
smile.gif

x x

RhiannonE

Visit site
Yeah he is lovely - really struck gold with him which was nice after all the troubles i've had with previous horses!
Right I'm on the hunt then for a WH class nearby lol.
Is your mare in your signature? love your dogs- super cute! x