Regular badminton spectators

pony&cow

Visit site
I haven't been to badminton since 2008. I really want to go this year on the saturday for xc. I presume you can pay on the gates???
Also is a well behaved small terrier going to effect my day... (Shopping!!!)

Supertrooper

Visit site
You can get tickets with no problem on the gate, you pay for car as you go into car park and then per person.

Go early, the traffic jams are unbelievable so I have been known to get there as soon as gates open and just hang around until XC starts, good time to walk the course and do some shopping (when it opens)

Personally I wouldn't take a dog, it is so busy and nobody is really looking where they are going. I can't see it's much fun for a dog.

Also be prepared that it will take ages to get out at end of the day, if you stay till end of XC that is. Took me three hours two years ago, in the end I went back into car park and listened to radio badminton until it had died down a bit.

I'm going on Friday this year, personally I think you see more of the XC by watching the red button ;-) although you don't get the atmosphere xx

Auslander

Visit site
Ditto what she said!

Dog -wise - there will be loads of dogs there, but unless you are going to be out on the cross-country and avoiding the tradestands, I wouldn't take a dog. The shopping area gets jam-packed, and a small dog is going to have a rough time.

Supertrooper

Visit site
Also going early means you see lots of riders out walking the course :) There will also be horses out hacking or being hand grazed in front of badminton house.

Another top tip for later in the day is to go to horse walk coming out of main arena as horses will be going back to stables that way, nice to see them, normally dragging their poor grooms ;-)

Tern

Visit site
If it's raining then shopping is horrific - everyone goes into the shops. :/

Don't take a dog. Getting in and out usually isn't that horrific we've found the past 5 or so years.

kandm

Visit site
Take a picnic for the end of the cross country. We tend to mill about around the shops and then have a picnic back at the car whilst the traffic dies down :).

eggs

Visit site
Since the BBC red button I've given up going for xc day but tend to go on the Friday. If you can only go at the weekend then Sunday is a good day. You can get entry tickets on the day but I would imagine that the grandstand tickets will have already sold out. That doesn't matter though as their is a big TV screen that you can sit and watch. You are more likely to pick up a bargain at the shops on the Sunday too!

Having taken our dogs once before I wouldn't do it again.

AmieeT

Visit site
Same as above, go very early for XC day and expect delays coming home.

I usually leave the yard at 6.30, get there just before 7 and set up a gas stove and make bacon sarnies (even gave a steward one last year!). By that point, there is usually already a crazy amount of traffic! Also, they make changes to the roads, so if you know the area you might find that you can't go the way you want to!

Ax

pony&cow

Visit site
I usually leave the yard at 6.30, get there just before 7

Ax

Wow thats close! Route planner says its 2 1/2 hours for me. Im thinking of leaving at 6.

Thanks everyone. Doggie stays home then.

Eggs- previous years ive been able to watch the screebs with a pimms or two as i was on coach trips. Im driving this year : (