Regumate- any one used?

TequilaMist

Visit site
Has anyone used this?How good is it?Vet said girl at another yard saw an amazing difference in her horse.Oh and does anyone know cost vet says not that expensive to keep mare on it.She said not the sachets ,seemingly they use it on pigs so will be that stuff and she'll tell me doseage!!Thanks

Weezy

Visit site
Do a search in the Vet forum (you can do this by scrolling to the bottom of the page once in Vets and putting Regumate in the box - DONT use the search function at the top of the page as it is rubbish!)

severnmiles

Visit site
I used it at the stud I used to work at. I couldn't say whether it improves temps as we then injected back in and then to ovulate so they were only on it for breeding purposes and not as comp horses.

You mustn't get it on your skin though...it can make you infertile!

lorenababbit

Visit site
depends what you want it for but it does work and has been used for regulating the reproductive cycle of mares for years though it has only recently become FEI legal.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
My mare is on Regumate (pig) - and will remain so for the rest of her pregnancy.

I have to say that there is absolutely no difference in her temperament at all. However, she doesn't have a hormone deficiency which I think can be improved by a mare being put on Regumate. My mare is on it to keep her pregnant.

I pay £53 per month for the full dosage - but you could always start on a half dose and see how it goes from there.