Rein lengths?..

Clofox

Visit site
Hi all,
I need to get some reins to go with my new bridle, but just wondering how sizing works? i can measure her old reins as they are fine length wise,when the lengths are shows on website is that the total length or like half? sorry never had to buy reins before..
Thanks for any help:)

Clofox

Visit site
Bump..
What is they standard pony rein length?,my pony's 13.2, i would measure her reins BUT i'm going in the morn to get them as that's the only time i've got and me being me with a memory like a sieve i forgot to measure them today :rolleyes:

sophiebailey

Visit site
The only reins I've ever brought have only come in pony\cob\full size, so I choose cob! Maybe pony would be a good length for a 13.2? Xx

mrhsaddler

www.mrhsaddler.co.uk
Reins are usually measured done up as if on a bit, to the buckle at the hand end, and pony 48", cob 52", full 54", x full 58", they are usually measured for width in inches with pony 1/2" wide, cob 5/8" wide and full and x full 3/4", but as yet there is no industry standard for any bridlework.

Clofox

Visit site
Thanks guys!
I'm really clueless bout this stuff!:eek:
Off to the local tack shop this morn, so will try and get them then,avoids me paying postage online but tempts me into buying more:rolleyes:
Thanks for all your help:) xx