Rejecting insurance

MagicMelon

Visit site
Ive never insured my current horse up until now. He is now worth quite a bit so I have decided I really have to. Ive called round a few usual companies but one yesterday asked me if he had been insured before, I said no and he said "well we cant insure your horse". What?! They said something like "its dodgy that you only want to insure your horse now...." but Im like, well your still requesting a full 5* vetting AND x-rays so Im hardly trying to trick anyone!!! Has anybody else had this problem? They've lost over £1k of my money a year!

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
I don't know how much you are trying to insure for but that could be the problem. Even though both mine are valuable neither is insured for above 5k as it is really the vets fees I want covered.

If you want to insure for above that no company will take you on without a vets certificate or if above 10k x-rays. If you are just after vets fees covered you maybe able to insure for £4,500 without any certificate - if it makes it easier say you have just bought the horse.

seza

Visit site
NFU do up to £5000 without a vets cert. They are a fab company and are always very supportive when you claim.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I really only want insurance cover for loss of use and loss of horse. I was valuing my boy at £8k. But I guess I could lower it to £5k if it meant I could even get insurance in the first place! Will get a quote from NFU, thanks.

I dont really mind about getting a vetting done for insurance purposes, but the company didnt even care that I was fine with it, they obviously still thought I was dodgy somehow! Very odd.

Rambo

Visit site
I insured my boy for a similar figure to that which you are hoping to, with SEIB, and they had no problem with it
crazy.gif
How do they ever expect to get new business if horses *should* have been insured before
tongue.gif