Rejoining BS(JA) after many years - it's all changed!

SpruceRI

Visit site
I'm thinking of rejoining my veteran to BS. We last competed in about 2002!

I think our actual winnings were about £210 and Notional £190.... we were out of Discovery classes at the time and unable to go any bigger really.

In those days it was rare for there to be a 1m open class, they sometimes did a 1.05m open and then a 'Members Cup' class which I think was 1.10m....too big for us, so our membership lapsed and we tried our hand at Eventing instead!

Anyway, looking at the BS website, I'm a bit confused!

I don't think I'd want to do the Club membership as I want to win money (if I win!!!)

So do I just join 'normal/full' membership? And then can I do the 90cm and 1m Amateur Champs classes?

Are there any stipulations on prize money already won?
Do they give out prize money for those classes?
How often are they run at Shows?

And am I still out of Discovery classes? Has the maximum winnings been increased since I was last a member??

Thankies!

Rambo

Visit site
you're still out of Discovery but there are loads of amateur and Intro type classes now that are Open to you starting from as low as 70cms. They all pay prize money and can qualify for champs and earn you regional ranking points. Club is a sort of up market unaffiliated show...or down market affiliated...whichever you prefer. They are also a very new idea and rather still trying to find an identity.

applecart14

Visit site
You are so lucky, this is what I want to do with my horse as my local riding club have done away with the nasty fillers of old and replaced with light weight airy fillers, which is a godsend to a spooky horse like mine.

I really want to re-affiliate again when/if he ever becomes sound again.

Mavis007

Visit site
Someone may correct me but I think you can only do club membership if you do not have any BS winnings. Amateur classes are brilliant- apart from the fact they are often very busy. There are no limits on winnings so you might find yourself against Grade As but riders can't be in the top 450 (depending on the level). The finals are amazing and well worth aiming for :D Although you do have to be very very fast to get anywhere :eek:
Go for it and good luck :)

Rambo

Visit site
Someone may correct me but I think you can only do club membership if you do not have any BS winnings. Amateur classes are brilliant- apart from the fact they are often very busy. There are no limits on winnings so you might find yourself against Grade As but riders can't be in the top 450 (depending on the level). The finals are amazing and well worth aiming for :D Although you do have to be very very fast to get anywhere :eek:
Go for it and good luck :)

Anyone can compete at Club Shows but you have to be a Club member to gain the points if you win any. As there's no prize money there's no real issue.