Remember me? Update on the fat grey pony -pic and vids

SnowGoose

Visit site
So my cunning plan to give up eventing and save money while I do my PhD failed epically- who needs to eat anyway? ;)

Having done very little all winter we had a gentle warm up round the BE100 at draycott, then picked up our game a bit for Solihull. Showjumping still seems to be our downfall, 8f at draycott my fault, 8 at Solihull his but XC he was awesome, flew round Solihull like it was nothing :D and came home 10th despite the Showjumping so finished the day with a frilly :D;)

Some pics and vids-next stop Aston-le-walls so will try to do full report then :p

6bd4c765.jpg

Vids: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=M9GRdI6SHMU

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ_l9Mn1Xck

Flapjacks all round - I am now rarely found without a healthy supply :D

SnowGoose

Visit site
We're having a 'taster session' at novice at Aston :eek: will take it one phase at a time and stop at any point if it's not going well, pony is awesome, rider can be numpty and has no intention of putting the awesome pony off by her numptyness :eek: on the plus side, if we dont make it far the novice entries read like the 'who's who' of eventing so I'll throw pone in the lorry, crack open the pimms and watch Mark Todd, Bettina Hoy, Zara Phillips....:p

icestationzebra

Visit site
With a fab horse like him how could you not take him eventing? Would be travesty of epic proportions and you are making reasonable spending adjustments by buying wine boxes instead of bottles ;)

SnowGoose

Visit site
With a fab horse like him how could you not take him eventing? Would be travesty of epic proportions and you are making reasonable spending adjustments by buying wine boxes instead of bottles ;)

Ah, too true. The box of wine over bottles was a big sacrifice and making too many changes at once could prove unsettling to my delicate constitution. It is entirely for the health benefits that I shall continue to transfer my life savings to BE ;)