Remember my cubbing disaster a few weeks ago?

LauraBR

Visit site
Well thanks to everyone encouraging me not to give him up as a lost cause hunting wise he had a second crack today- albeit not with me on board.

A very talented young lad took him out for me this morning, aim of the exercise was to get his opinion on would he get better in time, or is he the kind of horse that can't cope with hunting ever.

Horse made me out to be a liar!!!!!! He was really well behaved throughout- no bucking, no rearing, only minimal running backwards. Wasn't too strong, would let other horse go ahead to go back and close gates
shocked.gif

Helped that it was much more like hunting rather than cubbing (newcomers meet) so it was a lot of fast work most of the time but even still!!!! Really impressed with the way he was ridden and now, having paid him 'danger money' practically this lad would now like to take me up on my offer of taking him out every now and again if he'd like the ride. Sam was even sent out on post lol! Apparently he jumped everything with about a foot to spare and has all the makings of a cracking hunter!
shocked.gif

So, dead chuffed with him and really pleased someone pointed me in the direction of this lad. Next plan is for me to hop on an hour or so into the hunt (take over from the lad) and hopefully we'll then be plain sailing!

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to have another bash!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
What great news for you both. Hope you both go on to have tonnes of fun.

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
O that is good news! Looks like you will have lots of fun this winter then

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could afford to have lots of fun- the cap with this hunt (hunt my yard go with so if I go with another I'll be on my own) is £70 and the subscription just shy of £1000!!!! Unless I win the lottery I'll be having fun as and when I can afford it lol.