Remember my field is being sold woe is me panic??

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Well the sale is pretty much finalised. My field and the really pretty footpath through trees just outside it (which the farm was unaware it even owned 😂 thank you to the guy in the village that’s kept that trim and lovely fit years!)
Anyway, the new owners are taking the land out of its current conservation scheme which means things like, docks and thistles can be topped or even sprayed out. We can look into buttercup control and we have no restrictions on grazing. Previously in the growing season I could only graze two thirds which actually was fine. My horses are fat and didn’t need the whole lot but it’s nice to have the option.
All the above were big bears.
However, new owner is thinking along the terms of if we keep it and are responsible for topping/weed control etc we can graze it as normal for free 😊

So, easier said than done. Don’t panic til you know the full story 😂 I literally could have died I was so miserable the day I was told it was being sold and it’s worked out a million times better for me instead!

FlyingCircus

Visit site
Am I the only one who doesn't understand why someone would buy land just to let someone else graze there for free? Makes no sense at all.

...wish I had money to be buying up land for no reason!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Am I the only one who doesn't understand why someone would buy land just to let someone else graze there for free? Makes no sense at all.

One day, they will have a pony for their baby.... think it’s a long time coming but I’m figuring it’s far too big for a pony and pony will need company so....

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Also, but very much trying not to get hopes up here. Our idea of turning a bit more arable land into grazing as it’s right by the stables hasn’t been turned down instantly as I’d pretty much expected. I have visions of a fab little track for my ponies round that bit 🤞🤞🤞

Pippity

Visit site

The parents of a friend bought up a good few acres around their house, and let a local farmer graze it for free in return for the farmer doing the upkeep. A lot of local land was being built on, and they wanted to protect their view. I wish I had enough money to even have a view, never mind being able to protect it...

Xtra

Visit site
My brother bought the land round his house to protect it from further development. He lets the local livery yard graze it for free as his kids like to see the horses

DD

Visit site

because its a tax efficient investment and getting someone to look after it by grazing and topping means its hassle free for the owners.

3OldPonies

Visit site
So happy for you 😄😄.

I know only too well what it's like being told the news that 'your' field is being sold. The worry can be so intense. But, you can put all of that behind you now and get on with tackling those thistles 😂

poiuytrewq

Visit site
So happy for you 😄😄.

I know only too well what it's like being told the news that 'your' field is being sold. The worry can be so intense. But, you can put all of that behind you now and get on with tackling those thistles 😂
Can’t wait to get it looking decent! Not right now so much but for next spring/summer.
My boss suggested today I point out that proper post and rail fencing, maybe even into smaller paddocks would be perfect for “their” pony 😂
#landedonmyfeet