Remote saddle fitting experiences?

ellip

New User
Visit site
Heya! I'd love to hear from folk about their experiences with remote saddle fitting? How did it go and how long did it end up taking to find the right one?
I live in Shetland with my two horses so inviting a professional out to do it at our yard is not an option right now (bit like our farriers and dentists, they only visit at certain times of the year).

Thank you in advance! :)

saddlesore

Visit site
Is it for second hand or new? I did it through the first lockdown and it was much easier and more effective than I’d imagined! Lots of photos/videos, measurements and templates were sent before and after. It was new though which perhaps made it easier.

Baywonder

Visit site
My DH has done this previously when he was unable to physically see a horse.

What worked really well was DH being on a standard call to the owner on one mobile, then using another mobile to do a video call on Whatsapp. DH then talked the owner through what he needed to see etc, and the Whatsapp phone was used as the camera. Much easier than using one phone to do both - providing your signal is good of course...... ??

ellip

New User
Visit site
For a new one! :D That sounds very positive so far. My big girl deserves her own now, but the logistic side of things is a little bit tricky. I've been eyeing a few different saddles, all with the option for a remote fitting thankfully, just need to make a decision what to go for.

Fingers crossed, might be able to do the phone call + Whatsapp suggestion. The signal in the voe is abysmal, but we do have wifi, if a little poor. :oops:

Zuzan

Visit site
I had a remote fitting for my semi flex .. it went really well.. we still use it regularly. I think Nick Dolman does zoom fittings.. am sure others do too. I would say that prior to the semi flex we had been using a free n easy saddle which I had learnt to adjust myself after working with the actual fitter.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
From the other side it can work well but I only advise on saddles I've already checked. I would look for testimonials specifically for the remote fitting, some people send saddles all over the world, adjusted and set up with the right flocking etc, successfully.