Renovating/installing a 3.5t horsebox interior - South East

amycamycamyc

Visit site
Does anyone have any suggestions of where i could take my 3.5t box for a renovation over the winter? I've just had to replace the entire engine and so now it has a brand spanking new engine in it, I can justify tarting up the inside. (and respraying the outside, but i have a guy for that)

I would also love some advice on what I could do to improve the horse area inside, I currently have no storage at all but I want to keep it as light as possible to maximise the weight of horse(s) I can travel. It is currently little more than a shell with steel breast bars and a half height partition. I realise this isn't the safest set up ever, but it is really light!

Bernster

Visit site
Following with interest, as have also thought about upgrades to my box. I suspect any of the coachbuilders might be able to help. I got mine off Foxy Twin who I think has them done in the North and then they are sold down here. I have thought about an anti weave grill or the anti jump partition thingy, although not decided on any of these as yet and, like you, concerned about impact on payload.

Ella19

Visit site
Try pepper harrow horseboxes. They are local to me and service/renovate most of our yard boxes. They are better to phone than email.

Snozzo

Visit site
Have you tried Priory Stud in Tiptree? I have had two boxes from them now and they are brilliant. They renovate interiors. The last box I had from them was a blank canvas and I was able to specify what I wanted inside and they came up with some great ideas. Picture of my lorry is on my albums if you would like to take a look