Renting out horsebox

Teddybully

Visit site
Due to an accident and being unable to ride/drive for a few months I am thinking about renting out my horsebox rather than sell it or have it sat there doing nothing.

It's a 6.5 ton 2 horse Iveco with day living and great payload.

What do I have to take into consideration/organise before renting out?

It's insured only for me to drive at present so will change that to anyone over 25.

Are there any other legalities I need to consider?

Dubsie

Visit site
One of the local free mags I think it was, had an advert for a company which offered a hire service, and hired out your box for you, inclusive of insurance, and were looking for additional boxes to add to their network around the country. Sorry can't recall which company - perhaps someone else can help?

Booboos

Visit site
I don't think that your standard insurance would cover you anymore, as you will now be using it for hire and reward (look at your terms and conditions, but it's a pretty standard exclusion). You would need a different insurance which may be a lot more expensive. Might also be worth contacting VOSA as a vehicle for hire may require a different or more frequent testing. Finally the income may have implications for your tax return.

Oliver12

Visit site
One of the local free mags I think it was, had an advert for a company which offered a hire service, and hired out your box for you, inclusive of insurance, and were looking for additional boxes to add to their network around the country. Sorry can't recall which company - perhaps someone else can help?

It was this company advertising in the Equi-Ads. I had it saved in my bookmarks as I think it's a great idea: http://www.myrentalhorsebox.com/home.aspx

foraday

Visit site
You need the lorry inspected by DEFRA

You will need hire and reward insurance, public liability - this is quite costly but worth it

Trade Breakdown Equine Recovery

Good luck

noodle_

Visit site
i wish more rented them out to 21's + as im 22 and can get insured from 23 from a local company next year....

i know that young but were not all bad - honest! :D