Reolink Go Question..

jnb

Visit site
I've had my Reolink Go for 3 weeks or so now, it's been fab. Just moved it to my main yard a week ago. Since then, it's frozen a couple of times which has been easily cleared by the good old switch off and back on. However.....now it won't connect at all despite off/on, remove the solar power cable etc etc
Have I got a faulty one? or is it the lack of sunlight? Or have I used all my data (how do I know if I have, and what do I do about it?)
The red light comes on after repower it, then I try to connect & it fails. Waaah! Have I got to send it back??

Nasicus

Visit site
Update....battery was flat!! OOps. OH and I had been playing "find the cob" by panning round last night & flattened it. Recharged it using a plug & all good :)
Whoopsie! Do you find the pan and tilt functions consume much battery on the Pan & Tilt model then? I've got plans to purchase one to put up inside the stables, so I can view both stables by panning. Luckily location means the solar panel would be in direct sunlight all day!

jnb

Visit site
I think we did a lot of night time panning to be honest, becuase we'd stupidly set it up so one part of the field could only be seen if you panned 270 degrees round (we've sorted that now!)
We charged it to 62% and it's now at 65% after the dullest wettest day so I think maybe looking at it every 4 min and moving the camera might have been a bit much for it!

TotalMadgeness

Visit site
I have lots of reolinks and I find their support team very helpful. They've sent me replacement cameras/solar panels whenever needed & given me lots of advice. Obviously the cameras etc have to be in the warranty period for a replacement but I think the period is 2 years.

Reactions: jnb

Sandstone1

Visit site
Has anyone had a problem with the v sim card. Mines all been fine until my debit card ran out. Trying to update my payment details to my new card seems next to impossible with voda phone. Its driving me mad! ive updated on the app, done live chat and spoke to them on the phone and whatever I do it still seems that its impossible to update my payment details.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
how weird. i closed my accounts on my V Sims because I have no vodafone signal at the field where they are at the moment so I'm on EE PAYG sims, though i do intend to use them again. It was pretty straightforward to close them, it seems weird that they can't sort that!

holeymoley

Visit site
Sorry to jump on. I have another brand camera which has been a bit of a pain to be honest. Does the Reolink Go have the ability to attach an extended aerial on to it? I’m in an old barn now which is a bit temperamental on signal (roof causing issue I think) but if able to attach an extension aerial I can easily wire it to outside where there’s 4G.

Sandstone1

Visit site
how weird. i closed my accounts on my V Sims because I have no vodafone signal at the field where they are at the moment so I'm on EE PAYG sims, though i do intend to use them again. It was pretty straightforward to close them, it seems weird that they can't sort that!
im waiting for a call back now. its driving me mad.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Have you got the Vodafone smart app for it?
Yes, I updated my payment card details on it but for some reason they still keep trying to use the old details.
Ive used live chat, had call backs etc but none of it works. I removed the app re installed it as they instructed and still no luck. They have now turned the sim off. I am waiting for someone to call me back. I dont get how something so simple as updating payment details can be so hard.... A call centre in India I think. Im losing my mind......

Sandstone1

Visit site
Have you tried to delete the camera, then set it up fresh?we had to do that with one of mine.
another, I gave in with and got a new data sim.
Thats what we have had too do. its working again now, I would advise anyone who needs to change payment details to do it well in advance as apparently there is a bug with the app that means they still try to take payment from the old card unless you delete the whole thing and start again. It made for a very stressful Sunday afternoon!

Sandstone1

Visit site
glad you are sorted. It’s definitely not something for the faint hearted!
Thanks, was just going round in circles. Dont know why something so simple should be apparently so difficult! Trouble is once you are used to having the camera to check in on them every so often its a worry when you dont have it. The joys of technology!