Replacing hats after falls

on msn?

• Total voters

Troggy

Visit site
After a bit of a tumble today, nothing exiting but landed on road, I will replace my hat, however after a fall earlier in the year it's getting quite expensive!! I wondered how many people replace their hats after a fall or whether it's as and when? Is it necessary? I wouldn't if I landed on my bum however, just if head hit ground.

TigerLilly

Visit site
I would replace my hat as they say you cant put a price on you head but if your lucky they used to be a place down here where you can have your hat tested at a small charge.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
No because I think I've heavily landed on my head once and even that it was my face that came in contact with the floor. However I have dropped it umpteen times and chipped the fibre glass at the front and it doesn't fit as well now so I think it's time for a new one
crazy.gif

lizzie_liz

Visit site
I will only replace it if i my hat actually took the impact, after a couple of these falls this summer i am about to get a new hat!

teapot

Visit site
Clicked no; I would of course replace it if I had a nasty fall or came off on concrete/tarmac etc

Just replaced my hat, as although it still fits just as it did the day I got it - what I like about the Charles owen hats (about 3yrs/4yrs I got it) - it was beginning to make a noise occasionally. So thought I may as well get one and I wanted a new one anyway.

RunToEarth

Visit site
I did the last time I fell off, because I landed on my head, and the entire hat cracked and was dinted (yes, it was a bad fall) But unless the hat gets a hit, I dont replace it.

Troggy

Visit site
Thanks all for the replies, just been out and bought new one as head hit road with quite a thump! Plus after a summer of sweaty head it wasn't smelling too great!!
crazy.gif
smile.gif

hellyt1

Visit site
As with others, I would if I hit my head when falling but not otherwise. More concerned about hubby hauling my kit around and damaging it inadvertantly lol

Chex

Visit site
If I wacked my head off something solid I would. But I've dropped mine tons of times, or Chex has handily knocked it off whatever its sitting on, and not replaced it

brightmount

Visit site
I had quite a low impact fall (I thought) in the sand school, but I was semi-concussed for several days afterwards, and the polystyrene around the crown had a major ding in it, which goes to show that a hat has a purpose. Needless to say I chucked it. Generally I would give a hat a good visual inspection after a fall, and not necessarily throw it away after every knock.

It would be good if the manufacturers offered some money-back incentive to encourage the replacement of hats that had been in falls.

helenandshadow

Visit site
Only if my head hit the ground, last time i replaced my hat was about 3 years ago when i landed on my head and got concussion!

How often would you replace your hat if you haven't had a fall?

Troggy

Visit site
Mine has always been replaced fairly frequently, either through falls or losing the hat...don't ask!
blush.gif
Usually a couple of years at the most.

MagicMelon

Visit site
No, unless I really smacked my head. Although saying that ages ago my horse bolted through a gate and flipped over on a tarmac road and didnt even replace my hat after that...... but it was my favourite hat! The time I DID have to replace it was a sad day
frown.gif
One of my youngsters decided to kick it round the stable (it was crushed!).

Farm Kat

Visit site
I ticked yes, as I usually land on my head, so I replace it when I do. The least amount of time I had a hat was a week, before I completely mashed it, all the foam come away and it was a mess, but previous to that it was 2 years old, and I replaced it cos the lining was solid with sweat, I still have it now, as a spare, I haven't hit that hat yet, and it must be 6 years old.