REPORT on yesterdays dressage selecting seminar! Very chuffed!

Malibu

Visit site
Wednesday 4th (Last Night)

Well i got hom from school about 3.00pm, washed RU and plaited only to find WHITE bands ONly on black mane, but it looked rather posh in the end! So he was great washing and plaiting and to laod etc (Only had him 3 weeks so i am finding out everything as we go along!) We arrived an hour early as i ahd not even ridden the test nor ridden for 4 days, due to bad ground and very busy! IE (SCHOOL, SCHOOL AND MORE SCHOOL!!!)

Anyway, so he warmed up well, big show off! about 20 people payed to watch! Rupert looked so smart with his white bandages and white saddlecloth, oh and the white bands in plaits! Anyway so i did my test twice for sally and our canter work was rather good if i say so myself, as well as his stretching and taking of the bit, sally was surprised and he was on his toes to start off with in warm up so when he nose almost touched the ground when i agve the reins she was shocked! LOL, mediujm canter was good and best 15m circles of the night! lol

My mum was sitting with the audience and sahe said so mnay people were sayign how gorgeous ru was and sally loved him too, which is so encouraging for me to hear from a lady so high up! So a reall confidence boost!
i got my sheets back for both test and i was really pleased with ru and myself as i am not dressage AT ALL! but i am trying, so i am to speak to my dressage trainer who si the bd and young rider trainer in my area for the young rider training who will tell me dates etc ! MEGA EXCITED!!!! Selection dosnt take part untill early next year but sally thought i was a young rider already! But i am joining the squad traing for just now!

i am officaily dressaged div'ad!

sorry no pics as mum just took video but i will get some stills from the video and post when i am organised. report due next weekend when i do my first elementary and medium! haha

sorry very long!!!!!!!!!!!!

Malibu

Visit site
sorry, my report was not very well written; it was a demo, three of us were riding novice 30 for sally merrison (junipor sleector), she said that i could do the junior squad training but selection was next year! What happened what we all warmed up, rode the test once and sally came out of car gave good an dbad points and pinted out to audience about them and gave tips then rode the test and again and did the same thing!

it s was jolly good fun; sall was lovely and ru was very well behaved boy! i am a proud muma!

Nic

Visit site
Fabtastic!

Well done hun that is fab news, just don't you go converting to the dark side now, inside that eventer lurks a dressage diva
tongue.gif

N xx