report today!!

I_A_P

Visit site
ok along one lol

i had a good and a bad day, i had learnt the wrong dressage test so had to learn the new one before i warmed up so a little bit of a panic!!! but as soon as i went out it pured and as you know was so windy, so she was a little tense and spooked alot going roound the outside of the arena for the first time!! i went wrong twice in the test which cost my 6 penalties, but i cant worry about it as i hadnt even ridden the test before!

i got 37.9 which i was pleased with as i would have got 31.9 if i hadnt gone wrong! iv been working a lot on her flatwork , so to get makrs like this the last 3 times i have been out has been really encouraging and i know shes not there yet!

sj i was dissapointed, it has yet improved since i had her but i dont know if you find the same it is her weakest fase.shes been going through a stage the last few monsths of going far to fast n the ring and i can do nothing to try and regain control and then she would run flat etc like the did at my first intro. however today she was abck to her normal self and put in a wonderful round perfect srtiding rhythm and speed but i had 4 down, so im not too sure what was wrong. im wondering if it was just the ground that made her a little cautious!

i went clear xc as well so really chuffed and i came a suprised 4th place to over the moon!! especially as i have never jumped in ground conditions like i did today!! so its nice to know she ok with wet ground!!

im afraid i have no footage of my rounds as it was so wet the camera said it was to "damp" to work apparently
frown.gif
which is annoying as mum was waiting at a jump which was lovely ready to take a video and it cut out
frown.gif

Thistle

Visit site
well done.
Do you have a good SJ trainer to help you?
Does John Adams teach near you at all? I know he does clinics in norfolk and also teaches some of the Norfolk PC'c. We are lucky his daughter is in our PC so we are able to get lots of help from him.

I_A_P

Visit site
well i have a gd instructor and its thw worst round (having down wise i have ever had)
but she went so mucyh better than recently, so good and bad in the same way!

sorry if my post sounded funny i copyed and pasted it last night when i told her old ower how i got on, and rather than rewriting the whole thing because i was too tired i thought id copy it lol

Peanot

Visit site
Well done for the dressage as you had not a lot of time to learn it. I don`t know how people manage to learn a test so quickly, it takes me a couple of weeks to learn one so to have to know a test in a few minutes is very daunting, well done. Could it be that she prefers to have a little speed with the sj-ing? If so, its probably better to have it a little forward, I know now that I am better to have a nice flowing forward canter as my mare prefers it that way. When she is usually forward in the sj-ing, does she jump better? Just a thought.
Don`t worry it will get better.

I_A_P

Visit site
well iv been trying to get her a bit calmer so not oo worried with the fences down, especially as only a few people got clears! and iv ben so worried that she may have lost her confidence. if she gets too foward then she starts to run flat, and thats why im doing a lot of work on my flatwork and canter to be able to lengthen her stride but not let her get flat whch is working quite well.
i have never had that many down ever before not even unaffiliated so hopefully it was just a bad day and she was a bit cautious about the ground. i fee like im doing as much as i can on the sj front,a nd its not that she cant jump as she jumps lovely at home, and at my instrtructos and she will fly rpound a 3ft3 xc course no problems..i think its just time!
thanks for your replys..the fence pics are no in PGl