Request for Honey pictures please?

Dolphin

Visit site
To Honey's owner:

I don't often post on here, but I read the forums a lot, and have read the whole story about Honey's accident from the beginning.

Your dedication, commitment, attitude, courage, determination and love for Honey have truly humbled me.

I wish you all the very best with her and her continuing recovery, but can I make a request please? When I saw you had posted an "update" thread I was really looking forward to some more photos to see how she is coming along, and was actually quite disappointed that there weren't any photos in your thread!!

How would you feel about posting some? Hope you don't mind me asking...

debradley

Visit site
Hi there, I'm sure you haven't meant to bring tears to my eyes, but that is one of the nicest things someone has every said to me, even without knowing you. Thank you very much. But at the end of the day - well you just can't sit back and watch an animal go through this without doing everything in your power to help them.

I sent a pm to someone who has been intouch with me that way asking about Honey; and was just saying that it will be 2 months on 8th Dec. It was the first time tonight that Honey and I have managed to spend a few hours together just doing the normal things like having a nice groom down (there's been too many dodgy spots and soreness before). I finally managed to wash her tail; which with all the swishing around in the gunk was looking a right sorry site and just generally pampering her. The only thing she found really hard was picking up her back feet for me to hoof pick. But she got the idea and we managed because she figured out if she leant against the wall for support she could manage that. This really is as much down to Honey's effort as it is to mine, but I think she appreciated a bit of the normal routine, rather than me just being there to scrub things that are sore and then pop her in her stable.

I was going to post some piccy's after her skin grafts but if you want to see some I'll pop them on here tomorrow you won't believe the improvement it's amazing - well I think so anyway.

Once again thank you for your kind words.

De

Honeypots

Visit site
Look forward to your piccies and so glad she's healing well..x
smile.gif