Requirements for transporting

Teaboy

Visit site
I’m looking to purchase a 3.9T/4.5T horse box and contemplating the idea of offering hire and reward/transport services.
I’m fairly certain I would need a CPC for this and also an operators licence? I have a HGV licence already so that’s not a problem.

Any advice gratefully received

View

Visit site
You will need not just a Driver CPC, but a Manager CPC or satisfy the TC that you have sufficient access to a suitably qualified Transport Manager, a tacho card and tacho, software to download and analyse, and don't forget the appropriate DEFRA qualification for transporting animals.

Care and custody insurance as well as public liability, vehicle insurance, safety inspections, servicing and MOT.

I'm a transport manager on the bus and coach side, and part of my job is pricing up private hire work. When I look at the rates being charged by many people with smaller boxes, they aren't charging enough to take a salary from their business.

Teaboy

Visit site
You will need not just a Driver CPC, but a Manager CPC or satisfy the TC that you have sufficient access to a suitably qualified Transport Manager, a tacho card and tacho, software to download and analyse, and don't forget the appropriate DEFRA qualification for transporting animals.

Care and custody insurance as well as public liability, vehicle insurance, safety inspections, servicing and MOT.

I'm a transport manager on the bus and coach side, and part of my job is pricing up private hire work. When I look at the rates being charged by many people with smaller boxes, they aren't charging enough to take a salary from their business.

Thank you for this, very helpful.
Does the same apply to 3.5T and under vehicles?