resale of Olympic tickets

eventer168

New User
Visit site
does anyone know how to find out if tickets for the cross-country day of the eventing will be on resale. I have tickets for the dressage day2 but unless I can get tickets for the XC I dont want them.

galaxy

Visit site
Will they be 1st come 1st served? Or is it a ballot again?

psst OP, you need to dramatically reduce your siggie, or someone will button push! :)

Naryafluffy

Visit site
How does the resale site work, does anyone know (being lazy and can't be bothered googling at this precise moment).
I have tickets for the Dressage day 4, didn't purchase any other tickets at the time as wanted to make sure I could defo watch the freestyle live.
I would be interested in other dressage days if they became available (currently nothing showing).

Bustalot

Visit site
Re-sale tickets are first come first served i believe. I just checked out the eventing and they have both days dressage and jumping/prize giving. But no XC country :( I missed out on the orginal ballot and didn't get anything i requested. Was supposed to check this morning to see if any were on sale but totally forgot! DOH !! Oh well will be watching from the comfort and warmth of my sofa. :cool::D

Naryafluffy

Visit site
Will they be 1st come 1st served? Or is it a ballot again?

psst OP, you need to dramatically reduce your siggie, or someone will button push! :)

Decided to not be lazy and logged on to the resale site, tickets are on a 1st come, 1st served basis, but apparently there are huge issues with the system at the moment, lets people add tickets to the basket but then won't let them check them out!!!

nuttynugget

Visit site
I am really upset!! I checked earlier and there was no XC... now it lets you select number of tickets for XC and "queue" for tickets but then no tickets found! what a tease

galaxy

Visit site
I am really upset!! I checked earlier and there was no XC... now it lets you select number of tickets for XC and "queue" for tickets but then no tickets found! what a tease

not just XC!! Tried it for other events for at all sorts of different prices and when it comes to the final page says no tickets!! Rubbish site!!!!!!!

WeedySeaDragon

Visit site
Well there's definitely going to be some XC tickets for sale again when they sort the website out as we're having to sell ours back :(

It's gutting but it's looking like the logistics of getting there will be nightmarish and I don't want to hang on to the tickets on the off chance we can sort something out when there are so many other people who could definitely get there and missed out first time round.

SpottedCat

Visit site
Well there's definitely going to be some XC tickets for sale again when they sort the website out as we're having to sell ours back :(

It's gutting but it's looking like the logistics of getting there will be nightmarish and I don't want to hang on to the tickets on the off chance we can sort something out when there are so many other people who could definitely get there and missed out first time round.

I would buy them from you!:D

Bernster

Visit site
Me too :( Applied for a whole bag of tickets first time round and didn't get one, then got all excited at what seemed to be available horsey tickets today and can't get anything. So annoying - they won't let anyone else resell but the official site is useless.

hcm88

Visit site
Same here, I applied for just over £3000 worth of tickets and got absolutely none. I was banking on getting at least 1 ticket in the resales and have been trying ALL DAY to no avail. (I've literally had the window open refreshing the page and attempting to buy all day!..don't tell my boss!).

The whole system is completely ridiculous, it didn't work properly the first time round, then sold too many syncronised swimming tickets and now this! I've just got to hope that people will upload their tickets over the weekend and that the system will finally function, otherwise it looks like there's no Olympics for me. Gutting really seeing as it'll probably be in the UK once in my lifetime and I'm not even going to see or experience any of it.

elsielouise

Visit site
Hmmm can I add the other side of stupid ticket system. We applies for loads of equestrian stuff and GOT them ALL. Couldn't afford
To pay off
Credit card straight away, so been paying interest since some friends may want them and now resale site means I have paid more than they worth unless I sell them privately which is illegal.
Ok so could have sold rh back straight away but wasnt sure which wanted to see.
Got xc and individual and team dressage open and medal. So too much dressage really..

cefyl

Visit site
Go to Thomascooklondon site and you can buy tickets for most of the equine events if you are willing to part with upwards of £1,000 pp as part of their package deals. Want to see the SJ final well a double room for a couple of nights plus say preliminary handball or badminton tickets can be yours for a mere £3 or 4 thousand pounds!