Rescue centers (with a mix of dogs)

s4sugar

Visit site
As well as the Romanian dogs they have this;- "We are a dog rescue charity having been operating since 2008, and are one of a very small number in the country who will take in dogs who have bitten people although not all of our dogs are biters."

How can any rescue afford to rehome a known biter? As in a dog that has bitten & meant it rather than a snap response to pain or surprise.

CAYLA

Visit site
As well as the Romanian dogs they have this;- "We are a dog rescue charity having been operating since 2008, and are one of a very small number in the country who will take in dogs who have bitten people although not all of our dogs are biters."

How can any rescue afford to rehome a known biter? As in a dog that has bitten & meant it rather than a snap response to pain or surprise.

We have taken on dogs with aggression issues to be fair, however i dont say "we take in and rehome biters yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh":D we just get them i assess and be realistic, esp in the whole "just because the dog is ok with us now" could joe public stop the red eyed monster re appearing (in most cases no)!
However we do have the callers that say "the dog savaged" yes they used the word (savaged) my uncle can you take it":eek: Erm, nope, thats would be a pts!

Maybe not then guys:eek: I shall leave the linking to those who actually read (you to clearly have to much time):p:D

s4sugar

Visit site
I've taken dogs with aggression issues but ones that you'd describe as "biters"? One way trip I'm afraid.

Plenty of nice dogs being PTS so why give space to any that are a liability? A dog that has snapped when, as an example, a child trod on it's ear whist it was sleeping, I would give a chance. A dog that targeted or "savaged" a person or attacked without warning doesn't come here.