rescue centres/re-homing Lancs

Tapir

Visit site
We sadly had to have my old pony pts last week and I am now looking for a companion for my 18 year old mare who has been left on her own.

I really want something that is about the same age/size as her, that can live out with shelter/hay/rugs as appropriate and that will be ok being left on its own for an hour or two a few times a week whilst I ride my pony.

I would prefer to loan in case something suddenly happens to my pony, I don't want to be left in this situation again so I'm looking for any rescue/re-homing centres in the North West.

I've contacted WHW Penny Farm but I was wondering if anyone else knew of any other places nearish that I could contact. Happa isn't too far but they state that their ponies have to be stabled at night whereas we leave the field gate/stable yard/stables open so they can come & go as they choose so I need to check with them that this would be acceptable, all the other "big name" rescue centres are too far away.

Any ideas?

rockysmum

Visit site
How far into Lancashire are you. I know one in Yorkshire who would love a good home for some of their ponies. I will pass this onto them.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Sure the night time stabling won't be a problem with HAPPA. my mare is from HAPPA (had her 8 years) and I swap her stabling/turnout times as necessary for the weather. Never been a problem as long as they have access to a stable if NEEDED (e.g. severe weather, injury etc).

teresagarsden

Visit site
There is a place near me called '' only foals and horses'' not sure if they offer companions but its worth a tel. call. THey are between Blackburn / Accrington. Good luck with your search :O)
Teresa

staceyn

Visit site
Lancaster equine rescue. She's a old friend not sure what they have only a small charity her name is jane

BlairandAzria

Visit site
Rockysmum exactly what I was going to post! Seems like fate to me, would be a great solution to both your problems!