Rescue Horses

Footlights

Visit site
I am looking to adopt a rescue horse for ridden work - can anyone suggest good places to start looking apart from the obvious RSPCA, Blue Cross and Hero's?

Thanks

Spudlet

Visit site
World Horse Welfare. You're in Aberdeen, are you? If so, Belwade Farm is right down the road from you in Aboyne.

Tammytoo

Visit site
Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Centre, Redwings, World Horse Welfare (previously ILPH), Horse World. Whereabouts are you? Someone on here may know of a smaller centre in your area. There also used to be a list of rescue centres on Pre-loved.

Footlights

Visit site
Thank you - lots to get looking at. I live in Buckinghamshire.

Does anyone have any experience of adopting a rescue horse? I am considering adopting a youngster and backing it myself but really not sure at the moment.

Last edited:

Spudlet

Visit site
Why on earth did I think you were in Aberdeen.... clearly losing my marbles!:eek:

In that case your closest WHW centre would be Hall Farm in Norfolk, there are some nice ridden horses at that centre right now, looking at their website:)

littlescallywag

Visit site
Equine rescue & rehoming have some nice good quality horses at the min. And have had dozens of successful rehomes that are now winning at shows.
Remus horse sanctuary
Hopefield
Brown bread rescue (these 3 are essex based , don't know if they have anything)
Ada cole (redwings)
Hope that helps x