Rescued arab filly - Update

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Some of you might remember I posted back in September about a yearling filly I gave a home to. She was pretty malnourished and basically a hat rack. As a reminder this was her a day after I got her (September 23rd)

ptracci7.jpg

ptracci9-1.jpg

This is her on Sunday - sorry the photos aren't great but hopefully shows how much better she's starting to look:

ptracinov.jpg

ptracinov2.jpg

As you can see though her ribs are still visible her quarters have filled out and you can no longer see her spine.

We have had a set back in that four weeks ago she escaped from her field, cut herself on the gate catch, then slipped over on the concrete and ripped her knee open. Lots of vets bills and stitches later she is finally healing up and back out in the field. She's the friendliest little thing and I feel very lucky that I had the opportunity to give her a home.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Well done. It's the most satisfying thing to be able to turn something around like that and you're doing a grand job. Do keep with the updates, it's only by looking back that you see how far you have come!