Residential Showing Clinic - Keysoe 17-20 May 2010

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
As some of you may be aware, The Show Ring Forums run a yearly residential shwing training camp at Keysoe (Bedfordshire) the week after Royal Windsor. We have been running this camp for 5 years now - for more information please visit the Camp section of our website - www.theshowring.info

Lots of HHO members have come to camp over the years!

Details of the camp are as follows - we have a few spaces left - looking for around 25 people in total and have 22 at the moment).

The cost for the four days is £270 per person. The stabling costs are now £70 per horse for the duration and this is included in the price.

A rough outline of events is as follows:

Arrive on Sunday 16th May pm
Monday - one flat session per person in small groups with either Sheila Graham or Ginny Oakley
Monday - one group taster session with Jane (Pilates) - will try to hold 3 sessions in total so that everyone is able to attend at least one session
Monday Evening - "Managing the conformation of a less than perfect show horse & pony - Available treatments, tips and tricks for the less than perfect conformation " with Jane Hastie (Nixon) - starting at 7.30pm after dinner.
Opportunity to have your horse weighed by Spillars on a weighbridge and discuss feed requirements in a show horse

Tuesday - Top show groom for individual turn out sessions
Tuesday - Everyone has 2 x 2 hour sessions in groups of 4 people with two of the three showing instructors.

Wednesday - Flatwork morning session or working hunter afternoon session

Thursday - Likely to be sidesaddle and flatwork - to be agreed once we know who is coming to camp and what they would like to do. Budget has been put aside to cover whatever is required.

Thursday mid/late afternoon - home time

Please note that the £270 covers stabling, tuition and use of all facilities during the day (unless the cross country course is booked by a third party). It does not include food and bedding for either you or your horse.

Accommodation and Food.
In the past people have stayed in horseboxes, hired caravans (sharing with other people), local B&Bs or tents. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner each evening (we try to have a set price meal which caters for veggies as well), and we then have use of the restaurant area for the rest of the evening.

How to book:
Please EMAIL me on mandy@absolutelymad.co.uk for a booking form. I will require £70 deposit to secure your place. This is non returnable.

Showing instructors have not yet been finalised - I will wait until I see which instructors will be the most appropriate before booking them. In previous years we have had David Tatlow, Matthew Lawrence, Marjorie Ramsay, John Conifey, Paul Cook, Allister Hood, Jo Bates, Stella Harries, Mark Tamplin, David Bartram, Jayne Webber, Roger Philpott.

Please email me if you are interested in joining the camp. Coming to camp automatically entitles you to life membership of The Show Ring as well.

The Show Ring Camp and The Show Ring Forums are non profit making. All money that is paid for camp goes towards costs. None is retained by The Show Ring.

Please ask if you have any questions.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
We have people coming from as far afield as Scotland this year! In previous years horses have travelled over from the Channel Islands, and people come over from Ireland as well. Devon is NO distance at all!!!