Response from Ifor Williams - Haynets in HB 506 & 511

millimoo

Visit site
I have a response from Ifor Williams regards the issues around tying Haynets - looks like a solution is in hand, and available at the end of the year.....

I QUOTE:
"The hay nets can be tied to the tie rings on the sides of the trailer where the horses are tethered, this is better for smaller horses and ponies, and for larger horses the hay nets can be tied to the metal bar/cross section in the nose section.

We are currently developing an adjustable hay net rail for customers who need more flexibility for hanging the hay net. This new optional extra should be available for sale by the end of this year. "

For us, tying the haynet to the front is too far away, and tying to the tie ring is too close.
However its good to have their approval to tie it to the bar at the front (so we can tether it to the tie ring to bring it forward)

millimoo

Visit site

Dry Rot

Visit site
I'd like a magnetic catch for the jockey door, so I can go in and attend to a horse without the door swinging open. Any ideas anyone? (Sorry to hijack the thread!).

hunteress

Visit site
I'm amazed you got a reply at all as their factory was burned to the ground on Tuesday! At least they must have got I.T up and running somewhere!!
I have a new Ifor and have heard many things about this company they don't seem to care about the public who buy or now even there staff who were also going on strike because of pay it makes you wonder if it was a vendetta !!!!!!!!!!

millimoo

Visit site
I have a new Ifor and have heard many things about this company they don't seem to care about the public who buy or now even there staff who were also going on strike because of pay it makes you wonder if it was a vendetta !!!!!!!!!!

Well, they did take 9 days to reply, but I was busy so it didn't bother me...
We purchased our HB511 from an established main dealer, and know if there are any issues he will provide us with excellent Customer Service.

supagran

Visit site
Well, they did take 9 days to reply, but I was busy so it didn't bother me...
We purchased our HB511 from an established main dealer, and know if there are any issues he will provide us with excellent Customer Service.

The main dealer we bought ours from is excellent - can't fault them at all - even delivering the trailer to us cos when we turned up to collect it (at pre-arranged time) found it had been given to someone else that morning! They couldn't have been more helpful, and apologetic.

Javabb94

Visit site
We just bought a tie ring with the 4 screw holes and attached it to the bar to the right hand side in the middle and tie Haynet up there and it solves all problems :)

mon

Visit site
Ghent have brought out the adjustable hay net rail one built in over side ramp and bought a set of two don't do singles for fitting to other side but not had chance to use it yet.

mon

Visit site
Sorry should of said they have, I have just bought from Barnwell trailers Northants. They have them in stock.

TommisMum

Visit site
Or just ask you local dealer (who also services) to pop some extra tie rings in for you when you next have your trailer serviced. I know Equitrek Rpon have added some to Bateson and to Ifors - inside and out!