Rest in peace beautiful Nobby

Ginn

Visit site
This morning when we turned mickey out we noticed that one of his field mates was missing along with his owners lorry. Mum has just come off the phone and he was sadly pts this morning - I didn't even get to say good bye.

He was a truely beautiful horse, who had once raced and suffered problems since he was retired at the young age of 5. In the 9 years I have known him we have shared many a cuddle and he is one of a few horses who taught me so much - not least what a true gallop felt like and how to sit a handstand at speed! He was the softest gentalist horse to handle, even though he had his quirks when ridden and I have seen him nearly every day since I first started to ride all those years ago.

His coat was a glorious gold like the sun and that is how I hope to remember him, galloping around his field full of happiness and youth. But what hurts even more is that his owner couldn't afford to keep in as a retired horse and wasn't prepared to rehome him. He ccould have had a happy, long lived retirement as a happy hack but he wasn't given a chance. But maybe Nobby hunny it is better this way, you will never feel pain again, and you can leave you past behind.

May you forever run in the field in the sky, you will never be forgotten....

Nobby Beech
Rest in Peace

IMG_5028.jpg

PinkFairy

Visit site
aw virtual hugs and chocolate is coming your way!! always sad no matter what the situation is. You are never alone on the H&H Forum, we're always a post away teehee
smile.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
I can understand her point of view, if he really was quirky, he may have ended up in a bad home.

I am trying to find a home for an excellent cob - it can be very hard and I do worry about her.

I am sure he is happy in horse heaven and there are no worries about an uncertain future.

I would love to save them all - one day I will win the lottery and have my huge field for them.