Rest in Peace my beautiful boy

Baywonder

Visit site
I am so sorry.

In situations like this, the right decision is always the hardest - and I take my hat off to you for stepping up to the mark and putting your lovely boy first.

Please be kind to yourself. I am sure he will be waiting for you over the rainbow bridge. X

Reacher

Visit site
I am so sorry.

In situations like this, the right decision is always the hardest - and I take my hat off to you for stepping up to the mark and putting your lovely boy first.

Please be kind to yourself. I am sure he will be waiting for you over the rainbow bridge. X
I can only echo these sentiments .RIP handsome lad , and take care of yourself

Wishfilly

Visit site
He looks beautiful, and it sounds like an incredibly tough decision. But he is pain free now, and won't suffer, which I hope gives you some comfort. I hope you and your other horse are as ok as you can be, given the circumstances.

onemoretime

Visit site
I had to make the hardest decision of my life on Tuesday - to set my beautiful boy free. My other horse who is his best friend and I were with him the whole time and we are absolutely heartbroken and miss him so so much. He was a horse in a million and taught me so much. He was the kindest horse I have ever met and absolutely loved to please.

Some of you may have read on here about our battle with Navicular and DDFT for the past year.At least he didn't suffer, yes it does sound like a stroke or some neurological issue. I hadn't planned to have Alfie pts on Tuesday but knew it was on the cards and knew id just torture myself more if i planned it too much so after vet had checked for anything obvious like an abscess and nothing was found, I knew I it was time vet agreed. I was really hopeful with the corrective shoeing after finding a fantastic farrier but he just wouldn't keeo the shoes on and ended up doing more damage pulling them off. Pain was over pedal bone region on Tuesday so vet thinks its possible the DDFT had retorn. I'd already said no more injections as they just weren't working for very long at all, and just masking it. So so hard when they look so well in themselves but I just couldn't put him through any more.

He has left a huge hole in my heart but I cannot thank him enough for everything he did for me and for being a huge part of my life for the last 13 years. It's not goodbye, it's see you later.

So very very sorry to read this, I do know what its like as many of us on here do.

Griffin

Visit site
I am so sorry to read this, even though you know it is the right thing to do, it is still a shattering decision to make. He looks like he was such a lovely boy and so lucky to have someone who loved him like you do.

Be kind to yourself.

Sealine

Visit site
So very sorry for your loss. He was such a handsome chap. Treasure the memories of your time together.

Take care of yourself

Visit site
Thank you everyone for all of the lovely messages - I've been blown away by your kindness!

I was wondering if anybody knew if there was a charity dedicated to researching Navicular (as there is with Laminitis?) I haven't been able to find anything at all for Navicular and would be interested in setting one up, in memory of Alfie - if anybody could possibly help me do so that would be great?!

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
If only doing the right thing by them, at exactly the right time and after a long and secure life with you, cancelled out the pain. We should at least get that as part of the deal. I'm so sorry and hope it eases soon, knowing that you were out of options.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
I had to make the hardest decision of my life on Tuesday - to set my beautiful boy free. My other horse who is his best friend and I were with him the whole time and we are absolutely heartbroken and miss him so so much. He was a horse in a million and taught me so much. He was the kindest horse I have ever met and absolutely loved to please.

Some of you may have read on here about our battle with Navicular and DDFT for the past year.At least he didn't suffer, yes it does sound like a stroke or some neurological issue. I hadn't planned to have Alfie pts on Tuesday but knew it was on the cards and knew id just torture myself more if i planned it too much so after vet had checked for anything obvious like an abscess and nothing was found, I knew I it was time vet agreed. I was really hopeful with the corrective shoeing after finding a fantastic farrier but he just wouldn't keeo the shoes on and ended up doing more damage pulling them off. Pain was over pedal bone region on Tuesday so vet thinks its possible the DDFT had retorn. I'd already said no more injections as they just weren't working for very long at all, and just masking it. So so hard when they look so well in themselves but I just couldn't put him through any more.

He has left a huge hole in my heart but I cannot thank him enough for everything he did for me and for being a huge part of my life for the last 13 years. It's not goodbye, it's see you later.
SO VERY SORRY ?