Retirement Livery Belfast/Dublin

sasquatch

Visit site
I originally had arranged and was told that B was fine to stay where he was, this has now changed.

I urgently need to find somewhere affordable for retirement livery. The current set up is that he's out with 3 other horses and they're checked on whenever they need water or an owner goes up to see them, but YO has a view of them from her window. They go into a small barn together over winter, however B wasn't allowed to do this and he also was starting to undergo treatment about a month after he was pulled in.

I have advertised on FB as well and found nothing close or within my price range. Mum is already not happy with having to pay £10 per week for him, and whilst I do contribute, anything over £20/€20 per week is out of my budget. I know as soon as I told mum she basically said that if we can't find anywhere he will have to be put down, which seems unfair as he is field sound and is otherwise healthy. I've put up an ad to see if anyone has use of him as a companion.

I want to get him moved and settled elsewhere asap. As I'm studying in Dublin retirement livery down there is an option, however I don't know the horsey community so don't know where to start looking.
Similarly, the yards and people I know round here I have contacted and either haven't heard back or they would be too expensive.

Does anyone know of anywhere with space? B is usually well behaved and can go out with mares and geldings but he can be bossy/possessive. I do think he gets a bit of separation anxiety as at yard before the one he's at now they were always brought in and when he knows who the boss horse is and isn't the most dominant he usually will just stick and keep to himself. He has good manners but is cheeky, but will do anything and behave like an angel if he thinks a treat is involved. He's very hardy and an easy keeper and will live on grass all year round. Other than the fact he can't be ridden, he's in very good shape.

I am at a complete loss of what to do if I can't find anywhere. I'm on a budget of €70 a week including bus, food etc. when I go back to uni so paying €35 for retirement livery every week leaves me with next to nothing. I feel so guilty when I think about having to put down a horse who can't be ridden but is otherwise healthy and field sound because I've been told he no longer can stay where he is now.

Mule

Visit site
I originally had arranged and was told that B was fine to stay where he was, this has now changed.

I urgently need to find somewhere affordable for retirement livery. The current set up is that he's out with 3 other horses and they're checked on whenever they need water or an owner goes up to see them, but YO has a view of them from her window. They go into a small barn together over winter, however B wasn't allowed to do this and he also was starting to undergo treatment about a month after he was pulled in.

I have advertised on FB as well and found nothing close or within my price range. Mum is already not happy with having to pay £10 per week for him, and whilst I do contribute, anything over £20/€20 per week is out of my budget. I know as soon as I told mum she basically said that if we can't find anywhere he will have to be put down, which seems unfair as he is field sound and is otherwise healthy. I've put up an ad to see if anyone has use of him as a companion.

I want to get him moved and settled elsewhere asap. As I'm studying in Dublin retirement livery down there is an option, however I don't know the horsey community so don't know where to start looking.
Similarly, the yards and people I know round here I have contacted and either haven't heard back or they would be too expensive.

Does anyone know of anywhere with space? B is usually well behaved and can go out with mares and geldings but he can be bossy/possessive. I do think he gets a bit of separation anxiety as at yard before the one he's at now they were always brought in and when he knows who the boss horse is and isn't the most dominant he usually will just stick and keep to himself. He has good manners but is cheeky, but will do anything and behave like an angel if he thinks a treat is involved. He's very hardy and an easy keeper and will live on grass all year round. Other than the fact he can't be ridden, he's in very good shape.

I am at a complete loss of what to do if I can't find anywhere. I'm on a budget of €70 a week including bus, food etc. when I go back to uni so paying €35 for retirement livery every week leaves me with next to nothing. I feel so guilty when I think about having to put down a horse who can't be ridden but is otherwise healthy and field sound because I've been told he no longer can stay where he is now.

I'm sorry, I don't know anywhere in Dublin or Belfast. Have you been able to get somewhere sorted?

Birker2020

Visit site
Do they have an equine blood bank in Ireland that he could go to?

Is he small enough that he may be sought after as a companion horse?

Is there a charity that might take him?

I hope you get it sorted.