Retirement Livery

brightmount

Visit site
Seems to be rare as hen's teeth to find space on a retirement livery yard. Even rarer to find 2 spaces. I am on a couple of waiting lists but everywhere else I have tried haven't even got spaces on their waiting lists! I was wondering if any forum members operate or know of a smaller private arrangement or anywhere with vacancies or the possibility of vacancies. I am looking for grass livery with good ground and shelter, and 5-star care from someone who lives on site and would care as well as I would for my own. Kent or Sussex preferred.

HashRouge

Visit site
I found my place (in Sussex) by posting on Facebook. I wasn't specifically looking for retirement livery but that's sort of what I ended up with (two retired ponies on full grass livery). My YM runs a very small set up and we are her only two grass liveries. She has a couple more that are stabled. I would try Facebook, if you haven't already. The Livery and Grazing in the South East group has quite a few things come up, including retirement livery.

brightmount

Visit site
Thanks HR, I'll have a look at that group. Bit reluctant to go public on Facebook that I'm looking as don't want to hurt current YM's feelings, you know how it is, but I just need more help as struggling with the current situation.

HashRouge

Visit site
You could ask a friend/ family member to post the ad for you? I have done that before, though found it annoying having to arrange everything via my sister!