Retraining ex-racers thread

humblepie

Visit site
Best of luck at Hickstead, I'll have to go and watch an RoR showing class. In my opinion, there is nothing more beautiful than a line up of thoroughbreds!

Thank you, I'm totally obsessed with him!! It's weird, I'm over 40 and like a little girl with her beloved pony all over again 😂.

Thank you. Have been lucky enough to make it to the final judging/presentation in the main arena on a few occasions though think that may be a bit too much excitment for the current horse - it is an amazing experience but very busy as the Sunday afternoon before the Derby.

BACR

Visit site
@BACR How is your boy bred? He is so similar to Koby.
They are similar aren't they, Se is by Teofilo (Galileo) and out of Seven Veils (Danehill Dancer). His passport name is Veiled Secret (lol, what a silly name) if you wanted to look him up. I think he cost a hell of a lot more to get on the ground in a fancy tb stud in Ireland than he ever got close to winning, bless him. I'm interested in breeding and curious but I don't know enough about it to know if there is a certain look from particular bloodlines. Someone at camp said last year that he has the Saddlers Wells look about him, someone else said that he looked like a good old fashioned NH type, which he isn't and doesn't. From my understanding he a modern hurdling type, whatever he is he's stuck with me fawning over him for life!

What's Koby's bloodlines? It's interesting to compare when they've got a similar look to them.

IrishMilo

Visit site
They are similar aren't they, Se is by Teofilo (Galileo) and out of Seven Veils (Danehill Dancer). His passport name is Veiled Secret (lol, what a silly name) if you wanted to look him up. I think he cost a hell of a lot more to get on the ground in a fancy tb stud in Ireland than he ever got close to winning, bless him. I'm interested in breeding and curious but I don't know enough about it to know if there is a certain look from particular bloodlines. Someone at camp said last year that he has the Saddlers Wells look about him, someone else said that he looked like a good old fashioned NH type, which he isn't and doesn't. From my understanding he a modern hurdling type, whatever he is he's stuck with me fawning over him for life!

What's Koby's bloodlines? It's interesting to compare when they've got a similar look to them.

Some nice lines in there! This is Koby's pedigree: https://www.pedigreequery.com/silver+melody8 (although he insists his sire was a Cob!)

Oh how I've missed a good gallop!

Gamebird

Visit site
I missed this before the weekend but I was there too. How did you get on?

Was great seeing all the RoR's, really inspiring. I had expected the standard to be high but was surprised by quite how high it was. I thought there were a lot of really stunning horses there, that had been beautifully schooled and in great condition. Tbh quite a few of them I wouldn't have picked out as TB's if I'd seen them at a BD. What did you think?
IMG_6120.JPGScreenshot_20240422_201736_Gallery.jpg
We really enjoyed it! One place outside the rosettes in both classes, but the standard was WAY higher than I expected, and I was very pleased with him. I said exactly the same thing about never guessing some of them weren't WBs! Thrilled to come back with a finalist rosette and a plaque, and determined to do better next time - these were only his 5th and 6th ever tests, and I hadn't twigged until I got there that he hasn't seen boards before.

BACR

Visit site
Some nice lines in there! This is Koby's pedigree: https://www.pedigreequery.com/silver+melody8 (although he insists his sire was a Cob!)

Oh how I've missed a good gallop!
They both go through Danzig, isn't that a good line for eventers, I'm sure I read that somewhere. Se seems to identify as a shetland in winter, his coat is like a yack!

Nothing like galloping on a tb is there. We had a bowl along xc schooling last weekend, it felt mega :D.