Retreat Farm Stud Leicestershire

nicola172

Visit site
Hi , Has anyone had any dealings with Retreat Farm Stud in Leicestershire. My friend has told me they are great for bringing on youngsters? Any info please!!

debmat21

New User
Visit site
I have had dealings with Retreats Farm and they are brilliant and careful with their youngsters. Claire Robertson is a fantastic and sympathetic rider and i would recommend them totally
smile.gif

sw123

Visit site
I know them well, agree Claire is a good rider and produces well but i wouldnt send my horse there.

xKirstyx

www.kirstybond.co.uk
The Robertsons are great, Claire is a fantastic rider and Sophie is good aswel. Alan their dad knows his stuff and they have massive selection of horses for sale.

Its where Fee Fee (Nadia) trains and buys her horses from so she'll be able to tell you more. But I know them, they only live about 10 mins away!

christine48

Visit site
I wouldn't send a horse there, from seeing them at shows they come across as being a bit hard on them (though I could be wrong). There are better people in Leicestershire IMO

gabanna

Visit site
claire is a great rider, but would nt want to send a horse to them, and their horses are a bit over priced

NicolaC

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have had dealings with Retreats Farm and they are brilliant and careful with their youngsters. Claire Robertson is a fantastic and sympathetic rider and i would recommend them totally
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely detest this man. I certainly wouldn't call any of them sympathetic!

Would never buy or trust them with any of mine.
mad.gif

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
We were going to buy one there a few years back and thought we had found a lovely one but when we went back for a second look with a friend who was a vet, she was worried about its soundness. Now that would have been fine and we would have tried others but the man suddenly went mad and kept lunging the horse on tiny circles on the road saying there was nothing wrong with it.My friend kept asking him not to and that maybe the horse had knocked itself and we could come back another day but he just kept ranting , so we left!

NewHeights_SJ

www.newheights-showjumping.co.uk
Hello... i purchased both my boys from the Robertsons and have been more than happy. I wouldnt say they are any harder on their horses than most show jumpers (in fact, ive seen a great many more that are by far harder). IMO you get what you pay for and i am over the moon with both my boys - also the fact that they are willing to help after the sale has been great and i still go to them for training.

Everyone has different experiences i guess, but i couldn't recommend them any more highly!

N xx