Reviews on Verdo Wood pellets

Cheekyhorse123

New User
Visit site
My boy is very wet and thinking of trying wood pellets but can't afford a whole pallet full and the local supplier only does Verdo what is everyone's opinions on Verdo

angrybird1

Visit site
To be honest they are awful.
The go a dirty brown colour almost instantly and don't absorb very well at all
White horse or Liverpool pellets are much better.

9tails

Visit site
Agree with angrybird1, you will be disappointed with Verdo. But if you want to be amazed, try Verdo and be disappointed then switch to White Horse Platinum Plus.

Boysy

Visit site
I personally don't have a problem with Verdo pellets but then mine live out mainly so the beds are deep littered for up to a month at a time, my mare is the pampered one so she lives half in/out as in she has her stable open to her and a grass arena to forage in should she wish. I put a bag of pellets down dry but then a full deep bed of Bedsoft over the top, one bag of pellets would do her a month in/out or 2 wks if shut in at night. Mine have specific pee places in the stable so the pellets go down dry in that spot with the full beds over the top.

I've seen so many recommendations for the White Horse or Liverpool pellets though so am tempted to find a stockist round me who does them to try out as I have no where to store a full pallet of any bedding at all.

9tails

Visit site
All White Horse wood pellets are in short supply at the moment, hiking up the prices quite substantially and there's hardly any stock. I think this was due to a flood at Verdo, but Verdo will be producing again by mid January.

Sandstone1

Visit site
All White Horse wood pellets are in short supply at the moment, hiking up the prices quite substantially and there's hardly any stock. I think this was due to a flood at Verdo, but Verdo will be producing again by mid January.

Yes I've seen that. If the code helps anyone its Macchr21736. It's 5% off but it all helps.