Rexton

Nativelover

Visit site
I had one, I loved it, it drove amazingly, towed with the same calibre you just didn't know it had anything on the back. Lovely leather interior and very spacious, not bad on fuel either.
Then....... It broke and boy was it difficult to get it fixed (gearbox which I'm now led to believe it a common fault) nobody could or would fix it without having to travel miles out of the county and pay thousands for the privilege.
I ended up cutting my losses and selling as seen.

fabbydo

Visit site
Don't they come with a 5 year warranty so they are just fixed at the dealership? I have a Korando as I just tow one horse. It's great. High spec and good on fuel. Love the camera for hitching up the trailer. Have had great customer service from the dealership too. Car collected from my house for a service and courtesy car left.

JillA

Visit site
I have one and love it - brilliant value for money and tows up to 3 tonnes. Yes, 5 year warranty, and it works, they just replaced a whole £400 headlight in which one LED had failed, as part of the warranty. The gearbox (mine is automatic) is from Mercedes. Fabbydo is yours from Shukers? Same service here

hoofmad

Visit site
I've got an 07 plate. Bought last year with 34k on the clock, one previous owner, fsh, and cost me £3800.
Bargain as far as I'm concerned! ��
Tows anything (up to 3.5tonne) and great off road.
If it breaks it ows me nothing. Mercedes equivalent spec/age would have set md back around 12k. No brainer in my opinion ��

leggs

Visit site
i'm thinking of buying a new one. I have done some research and nowadays the motor is mercedes if i'm not mistaken.
for the people that say don't buy, what year was your Rexton from ?

Been driving Jeep (cherokee and grand cherokee) for the last 12 yrs, that is no joy when they get a little older. I've had +5000euro's on repairs for a 2008 cherokee the last 6months :-(

turnbuckle

Visit site
I've heard mainly good reports, what makes you say that, Pedantic?

Must be said that modern vehicles can be a nightmare when stuff starts to go wrong...often the rebuilt or secondhand unit approach is the only way to keep costs sensible.

And agreed the name is daft, sounds like a bad 80s computer game. But you can always put duct tape over the name badges :)

Carkst

Visit site
I loved ours. Was a 55 plate and only got rid due to high mileage >100k and it would intermittently lose power but until then we had no problems. Would buy another without hesitation but at the moment don't need such a big car.

leggs

Visit site
i've heard that the model before the present one had a fault in the wiring which made the power switch off and puzzled many a garage. Extra earthing on the frame did the trick apparantly.

JillA

Visit site
i've heard that the model before the present one had a fault in the wiring which made the power switch off and puzzled many a garage. Extra earthing on the frame did the trick apparantly.

That's interesting. A local garage has one brought over from Ireland and they just can't get it going - maybe that's the problem with that one.

leggs

Visit site
yes, something to do with the wiring which made it short-cirquit and switch off. Gave the car a bad reputation in NL, then the company was bought by indians who gave the model a make-over and switched to mercedes motors as well + 7 yrs warranty now...it's tempting. Have not made a testdrive yet, will bring horsebox along when I do :)

dixie

Visit site
I've had one for about 8m now and love it.
I had an issue with it not unlocking with the fob from time to time and the dealership were great in getting it resolved.