Rhythm beads - has anyone used them?

Montyforever

Visit site
I have a welsh sec a mare who is quite highly strung when taken out of her comfort zone. She lunges pretty well and is okay in her field/stable but flips if I try to take her out of the yard :( I need to start trying to tackle this now really as I would like to break her to drive or at least be able to longrein her out on the bridle paths eventually and as she had laminitis and a slipping stifle last year lunging isn't the best thing for her but I need to keep her fit and healthy! She's calmed down a lot in the 2 years I've had her and she's now 7 and is a gorgeous little mare who loves to work but I need to start getting her used to going out the yard! I've had a read about rhythm beads and it looks as if they might help her confidence a bit but was wondering if anyone on here had used them and if they helped at all? Ta in advance :)

Dizzle

Visit site
Is she the Twyford mentioned in your signature? I used to know a Twyford, lovely lovely pony but was utterly convinced that the world was out to kill him.

I’ve considered them to help with my spooky tb but at the time was on an event yard so figured I might have been disowned for using them! :D

Orangehorse

Visit site
Aren't driving horses trained with chains round their pastern that"chink" and the horses get into a rhythm as they like the musical sound? The same as the beads I expect.

Shantara

Visit site
I use them on Ned sometimes :) He's so bloomin' hyper when he jumps, they don't help much with calming him, but being a pacer, they have helped him with rhythm.

He's great out hacking anyway, but again, they've helped him with pacing :)

Montyforever

Visit site
Dizzle - yup! She's not ridiculously spooky and she's pretty brave and big headed when shes with her friends but as soon as she's away from them she looses her cool!