Rice Beaufort Treble - Parts (online supplier anywhere?)

thepizzaplug

New User
Visit site
Hi all,

Wandering if anyone could assist me in finding a parts supplier for a Beaufort Treble? I'm really struggling to find parts online!

Thank you!

abbijay

Visit site
There's a thread somewhere on here for people who own Rice/Richardson Trailers after they shut down.
Otherwise, last time I tried, George Flanagan in Cheshire was doing parts.

Leo Walker

Visit site
What parts are we talking about? Most of them are generic. Some arent but you can usually get away with amending some of the generic parts to make them work. I refurbed an old Bahill so know all about parts not being available!

Beausmate

Visit site
As Leo Walker says, it really depends on which parts and also the age of the trailer. I have a 40 year old Beaufort that I did an overhaul on a couple of years ago, it has bigger hubs than the later ones and we found it took a bit of hunting to get brake shoes for it. The expanders for the brakes are no longer available from anywhere, so we stripped down the seized one, and de-rusted it, painted it with a zinc coating and put it back in. Works perfectly. The brake rods we made up from, well, steel rods!

If it's parts for the running gear, then try caravan parts places - also handy for the electrics. With the body, you will probably have to get parts made up or adapted, or see if you can find secondhand parts.

It is also worth phoning parts places up, as a lot of places don't everything they sell on the website and they might also be able to source some things from their suppliers that they don't normally stock.

I have a car parts business, and we supply parts for cars made by a company that has folded. We don't stock everything that is available, as we might only ever sell a part once, so if people don't ask they don't get!

I found some things at Warwickshire Trailers. Don't know if they are still going, they didn't use to have a website at all. I had to pay by postal order! :D