Richard Maxwell demo - Crofton Manor 17/11- postponed

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
frown.gif
got the email tonight! completely gutted!

mrussell

Visit site
I think you might have to bear with a bit as he is very poorly and everything is a bit up in the air.... Hes now home but not good. I think Sam is trying to catch up with all the customers as best she can.

_daisy_

Visit site
ive just emailed her to ask what was happening - but Nikki has got loads of people to contact including tickets for the demos so assuming shes not got to me yet.

upsetting for them both - i was really looking forward to seeing him on Tuesday - oh well itll still be nice to see him when hes made a full recovery

mrussell

Visit site
Its the sort of thing that could happen to anyone of us. From what he can recall he was leading a horse down a narrow passageway when it must have spooked or tripped, knocking his head against the wall. He went down like a tonne of the proverbial, knocking himself out and breaking his nose. The horse stayed put and was found still attacted to him (he hadnt let go of the lead rope it was so sudden). The horse is not a "problem horse" and the fact it hadnt pulled away goes to show it wasnt being aggressive or defensive.

It just goes to show that accidents can and will happen, no matter how careful we are around our horses.

It also goes to show that every penny Max costs is money well spent as he takes these risks on our behalf every day of the week....knowingly putting his own safety on line in order to repair some of the faith that our horses have in mankind.

beaconhorse

Visit site
Glad he is going to be ok. I had him out to a couple of horses on my yard a good few years back. One of them was a complete man hater but he took to Max immediately I was so shocked!!

Although said same horse was used for a mounting problem at a local demo he would stand like a rock for me but not for ANYONE else. Max said it had never taken him so long to get on a horse LMAO but he did it and manage to get a stranger on him.

vivhewe

Visit site
Crikey I hope he's okay.

When we got my old mare we travelled to his yard so that we could get Andy Andrews to see her about her back problems, and everyone there couldn't have been nicer.

Hope he's better soon
smile.gif