richard maxwell

pelena

Visit site
Please tell me that booking him just now to sort out my mare's loading problems is worth my eating beans for the foreseeable future....

She is horrendous to load and I didn't really see the point in messing about and making it worse by trying to sort it myself or with the help of the numerous self-appointed experts that seem to crawl out of the woodwork whenever you get a trailer out.

Would be very grateful to hear anyone's feedback about his sessions!

LouS

Visit site
Definitely worth it, don't worry. I've had him to see two of mine, not for loading issues, but still brilliant and have heard nothing but praise from anyone who's had him out. Just make sure you do what he tells you!

mrussell

Visit site
I have met Max on several occassions.. first time was probably 15 years ago when the whole Monty approach was new on the scene. He has changed hugely since then and unlike Monty and Parelli, he does not have a one size fits all approach.

I think you will get an enormous amount of booking him. GOOD LUCK !

Ladylina83

Visit site
I had a NH person help me load my mare about 8 years a go and it was worth every penny - I've read his books and would imagine you will not be dissapointed !

wildcard

Visit site
Havent had him out to a bad loader but a very persistent dangerous Rearer and since to look at back problems and I can honestly say i Love him, great guy explains everything he's doing so you can carry on once he's gone.

we did the eating beans for our nasty rearer, shed broke my sisters collerbone on numerous occasions with going over backwards and can honestly say they tasted like fine dining when we new what the issue was and we were well on our way to improving..

good luck and look forward to reading yoru report :)

YasandCrystal

Visit site
Please tell me that booking him just now to sort out my mare's loading problems is worth my eating beans for the foreseeable future....

She is horrendous to load and I didn't really see the point in messing about and making it worse by trying to sort it myself or with the help of the numerous self-appointed experts that seem to crawl out of the woodwork whenever you get a trailer out.

Would be very grateful to hear anyone's feedback about his sessions!

I have heard from several people he is brilliant. I have also heard that people often 'sell tickets' at say £20 each to watch him working to help pay the huge charge he makes. I would pay to watch! :) Whereabouts are you - definatley worth asking if people are interested

pelena

Visit site
I have heard from several people he is brilliant. I have also heard that people often 'sell tickets' at say £20 each to watch him working to help pay the huge charge he makes. I would pay to watch! :) Whereabouts are you - definatley worth asking if people are interested

Yard is on the north London/hertfordshire border. Thanks for all your replies- it's making me fell better! Bloody horses.....

rhino

Visit site
I have seen him work with quite a few horses and love the quiet, sympathetic way he works :) He seems to have a real common sense approach and I would definitely consider him (above anyone else I've seen) if I ever had a problem which I felt I couldn't deal with myself.

Hope it all goes well :)

cm2581

Visit site
He is brilliant. I've watched him sort a horse that used to refuse to load by putting his front hooves on the trailer roof!!!!! He is entertaining and a brilliant teacher for all he's doing. Well worth every penny!

amycamycamyc

Visit site
i am on north london/herts border too and richard is coming down to our yard on Monday to do a load of back checks - so if you call him sharpish he may be able to pop along to you before/after since he's in the area

Cobiau Cymreig Wyllt

Visit site
I've loved his 'Birth to Backing' and 'Training Your Young Horse' - find his blend of approaches and common sense easy to apply in the real-life scenario, so would be really interested to hear the outcome if you do go ahead and get him out...he'd be first on my list for my young hooligan, if I was able to get him this far...
So please keep us posted ;)

celticmare

New User
Visit site
Hi

I have been trying to get onto Richard's website all week; first I couldn't then today it is directing to webhosting site, so guess he has internet problems or changing suppliers. Does anyone have an alternative web details or an email addresss/ tel no?

thanks

pelena

Visit site
Hi

I have been trying to get onto Richard's website all week; first I couldn't then today it is directing to webhosting site, so guess he has internet problems or changing suppliers. Does anyone have an alternative web details or an email addresss/ tel no?

thanks

have PM's you the email address

Marydoll

Visit site
I flew Max into Scotland to help me with my loading problem horse who was a nightmare, it was the best money i ever spent and saved me loads of time effort and energy, it opened up lots of new things for me and the horse.
Its not a quick fix, i had to do homework EVERY NIGHT for a few weeks to affirm the learning, this horse now loads no problem, due to joint problems he's retired now and it was over a year since his last loading, he walked up the ramp like a pro, turned and waited for the partition to go over, i wouldnt hesitate to use Max for loading and other behavioral issues i couldnt handle, he's great

rhino

Visit site
Hi

thanks

If you are on facebook he has a profile with contact details there :)

Alec Swan

Visit site

If you listen to Max, then it wont just be the horse who learns. ;) When you watch, listen and learn, then you'll realise that he isn't a genius. He takes the thinking level down to basics, and therein lies the skill!!

Whatever it costs, you'll come away grateful for the lesson, I suspect. Will you let us know if you find that it was worth a diet of baked beans? ;)

Alec.

pelena

Visit site
If you listen to Max, then it wont just be the horse who learns. ;) When you watch, listen and learn, then you'll realise that he isn't a genius. He takes the thinking level down to basics, and therein lies the skill!!

Whatever it costs, you'll come away grateful for the lesson, I suspect. Will you let us know if you find that it was worth a diet of baked beans? ;)

Alec.

I am planning on bringing my dictaphone so I don't miss a word of it!!!!

I will definitely let you know how it goes, and try and post a short video clip of before and after as long as he doesn't mind... On a horror scale of 1 to 10 I reckon she's about a 15...

I don't really buy the idea of a horse behaviour "genius" (or indeed a lot of the more elaborate natural horsemanship stuff) so what you say is very reassuring!

pelena

Visit site
i am on north london/herts border too and richard is coming down to our yard on Monday to do a load of back checks - so if you call him sharpish he may be able to pop along to you before/after since he's in the area

he's coming next thursday, as I think he's in the area then too..... I think he's in for a long one....

Goldenstar

Visit site
Some years ago I watched him work with a very bad loader , very good I was impressed I can think of no reason other than cost not to do it.
he was sensible had an open minded approach with non of the any other way is cruel thing that some NH people seem to have ,go for it. Be sure you get him to train you as well so you understand what's been done and why it works for the future.
Good Luck

Goldenstar

Visit site
I am planning on bringing my dictaphone so I don't miss a word of it!!!!

I will definitely let you know how it goes, and try and post a short video clip of before and after as long as he doesn't mind... On a horror scale of 1 to 10 I reckon she's about a 15...

I don't really buy the idea of a horse behaviour "genius" (or indeed a lot of the more elaborate natural horsemanship stuff) so what you say is very reassuring!

It's not a genius thing he's just very good at thinking like they do and has marvellous timing.

BombayMix

Visit site
I have had him out to a horrendous rearer (on the point of being PTS) - **touch wood** never had another problem.

A friend had a horse who wouldn't load and then when did would jump the ramp causing many injuries and would jump out of the lorry (had to be unloaded by two people on lunge ropes) also never been a problem again.

999999% recommend him

BBH

Visit site
Fantastic man.

Bought a horse years ago who was dangerous despite full vetting etc etc ( vet was struck off but thats another story )

Everyone was saying have him shot but I sent him to Max for 6 weeks.

He gave me my horse back :D