Richmond BE Update and Times??

DarkHorseB

Visit site
BE have just put this on Fabcebook

Richmond (2) running from 17th to 19th August is currently going ahead as scheduled, however, the weather forecast is not great for the next few days so please keep checking the website, Facebook, Twitter or the BE Hotline for further updates.

According to BBC weather forecast it is due torrential rain right about the time I start my jumping phases tomorrow :mad::(
Having got to within 10 miles of Hendersyde the other week before turning round as roads completely flooded not sure I can face another wasted journey.

Also am I being blind or are times still not up? It is saying times not due till 6pm tonight :confused: I think that is the day they were due when only Saturday and Sunday are running but not a lot of notice for anyone competing tomorrow?

Mrs Pink

Visit site
Just seen the same thing on the BE website! Does this mean that there is quite a bit of doubt about running?

No times yet, been checking too and thought it was a bit wierd that they didn't go up yesterday, agree not a lot of notice really for the Friday people!

Freddie08

Visit site
Times are up now. I live approx 20 mins from Richmond and having had a hot dry week last week our ground could still take a fair amount of rain. I am entered for Sunday and I am not overly concerned yet about cancellation.

georgiegirl

Visit site
argggghhhh I hope it does run! I know we are a fair distance away but the ground here in york is like concrete!

Like Ive said before I wont be a happy bunny one bit if sat/suns competition gets abandoned for the sake of running extra classes on friday. I applaud the fact they have tried so hard to put extra on for everyone but at the same time I dont think it would be fair for those who had entered first and set time aside for the weekend days. Lets keep everything crossed EVERYONE gets to go!

Horsemad12

Visit site
argggghhhh I hope it does run! I know we are a fair distance away but the ground here in york is like concrete!

Like Ive said before I wont be a happy bunny one bit if sat/suns competition gets abandoned for the sake of running extra classes on friday. I applaud the fact they have tried so hard to put extra on for everyone but at the same time I dont think it would be fair for those who had entered first and set time aside for the weekend days. Lets keep everything crossed EVERYONE gets to go!

Yes I tend to agree. Fingers crossed.

VRIN

Visit site
Times are up now. I live approx 20 mins from Richmond and having had a hot dry week last week our ground could still take a fair amount of rain. I am entered for Sunday and I am not overly concerned yet about cancellation.

Thats what I like to hear! maybe you could keep us posted ...

Horsemad12

Visit site
Our friend has been today and she says the ground is good and the weather was sunny there today.
Doesnt look like the rain has reached there at the moment.

Does an excited jig round the office - thanks for the update!

Last edited:

georgiegirl

Visit site
Ive been to walk the course this afternoon - bit damp and rainy this morning turning to sunshine by the afternoon - further weather is forecast to be good.

The ground is fabulous! :D

dollymix

Visit site
I've just got back with a friend who was in the novice and we both thought it wa quite hard! One wet patch before a gate but nothing to worry about