Ridden Hunter Classes

flyingfeet

Visit site
Just a quick query - is it hopeless to enter a horse with windgalls into a Hunter class?

I usually only do working hunter, where windgalls are acceptable on a local level.

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
You shouldn't have any problem they are not considered a major blemish and should only come into play when comparing two very similiar animals. There again you may find the odd judge takes exception but generally they should not be that influential.

Albertina

Visit site
My horse has windgalls on both hind legs although they are not huge you can see them when you look closely.

Due to my boys recent loss of enthusiasum while jumping I have decided to give showing a go, entered a ridden hunter class last week and won. The class was very strongly represented too, so in truth his wind galls didn't let him down at all
smile.gif

fjudge

Visit site
NO not at all..."workers" are suppost to have hunted etc... so how on earth wouldnt they have blemishes, etc..!! They may use it against you at some affilliated shows, maybe if it has to decide between wiiner and 2nd place, but no, go for it. It may be picked up on, but at the end of the day, what can you do about them? Not ride?! lol So yeah....do it i say
smile.gif
x