Ridden Pairs Showing. HELP!!!!

twinpony1

New User
Visit site
me and a friend are considering doing pairs showing in a few months but have never done any sort of showing before. is there anything we should have such as the type of clothing to be worn by both horses and riders and if we have to make up a routine. we are not doing pairs dressage or jumping it just says its a showing class. the only thing we have really is the practically twin horses we will be taking. any advise is welcome :) also would we need to put matching equipment such as bandages and other accessories on them or is that not necessary :)

mrogers

Visit site
for showing, there would be no need for bandages or saddle clothes etc, just plain show kit as you usually would. If you have matching jackets or ties then wear those. For your show, practice riding together without the ponies racing each other. Which ever horse had the biggest stride, put them on the outside as they will have more ground to cover than the other on the corners. Most shows will include walk, trot, canter and gallop.

Most of all though have fun!!! I'll be doing ridden pairs at SWPA championships with the coloured I have on loan and I girl I show up against. I cant wait

twinpony1

New User
Visit site
thanks :) but we have also never done any sort of showing but have done some showjumping.would the show jackets and things we wear for that be ok do you think or would we need tweed jackets or something......really clueless about showing lol :)

twinpony1

New User
Visit site
sorry to keep going but do we have to make up like a routine or do we just go around the outside in the different paces? again we are totally hopeless at this lol

Mistletoeandawine

Visit site
Hi

Try and match as much as is possible. At the basic level if you can, and I appreciate its not always possible and would be expensive if its just a one of, but at least the same colour tack, possibly the same coloured browband, and then the same colours as best is possible jacket, breaches or jobs, boots and gloves, as well as hat or silks dependent on what you choose to wear head wise and finally matching ties

For your individual show I would say its better to do simple really well than complicated badly. When my mum and I used to do it with matching pure bred Arabs we would do it in sitting trot, and I would count into the transitions quietly. Precision makes it look effortless and adds to the overall impression .

Mistletoeandawine

Visit site
Have just seen your other post.

It is likely you will asked to do a show, so it's better to be prepared. We would walk out from line and turn, face the judge, halt and salute in unison. We would then halt to trot, and then do a half loop, extended trot across diagonal, trot second half loop, canter transition across diagonal, 20 meter circle, canter halt transition, rein back, walk canter transition in front of judge onto other rein and then canter out to track and then lengthen canter around ring, collect back up behind the line then canter halt salute to judges again in front of line

And we had navy jackets and canary breeches on bays