Ridden Sports horse

Spiritedly

Visit site
Hi,

I have recently been told that my horse would do well in sports horse classes but it's not a class I've ever competed or even watched before!
I've tried Google for some clues but can't really find anything.
I know my horse will need to be trimmed,plaited and tail pulled but what tack would he have to wear? Would he need a plain browband or a coloured?
For myself I'm assuming dress would be similar to riding horse classes....tweed jacket,tie and biege/fawn breeches...but would it be okay to have velvet on jackets collar?
Lastly what would we be expected to do in the class? Would it be the normal walk, trot, canter and individual show or would there be jumping involved?
Sorry for all the questions but the only way to learn :)

Spiritedly

Visit site
Never heard of such classes. Are you in the UK?
Yes I'm in the UK
It was a well known producer that suggested it to me as well. I have found details for in hand sports horse classes and a few bits about ridden but not a lot to really go on unfortunately.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

cundlegreen

Visit site
They certainly have them around here, but strangely they are open to horses up to 8 years old. They have to wear snaffles and do a normal show, then are stripped and shown in hand.

Spiritedly

Visit site
They certainly have them around here, but strangely they are open to horses up to 8 years old. They have to wear snaffles and do a normal show, then are stripped and shown in hand.

It would be good to know if the 8 year old age limit is unique to your area or a class rule.
I wish I'd asked more questions about the class when I was at the clinic now but I didn't realise it would be so hard to find out details :-(

cundlegreen

Visit site
It would be good to know if the 8 year old age limit is unique to your area or a class rule.
I wish I'd asked more questions about the class when I was at the clinic now but I didn't realise it would be so hard to find out details :-(
As it's run under SHBGB rules, I imagine it's the same for most county shows.