ride and relax

allijudd

Visit site
cuase we ran out of food last week......and feed store didnt have any badminton park herbal i started feeding ride and relax...with the hope of taking the edge of rowan and toning apollo(liverys horse) down a bit..

well.....off to buy more today, it doesnt suit roman who needs a little more mollasess but boy have i seen a dramatic diffrence in rowan although i havent ridden him yet...he seems calmer and less bolshy (if that is at all possible!)

chuffed...
laugh.gif

Jemayni

Visit site
Ride and relax is like a drug! I fed it to my horse last year because he had an allergy to something and the vet recommended it, but I had to take him off it because after a week because he was completly zonked out, I was actually nervous that he wasn't going to be sharp enough to jump hedges out hunting (he is pretty careless, if he was tired too god knows what would happen!) But my fizzy pony wouldnt eat it - picky - typical!

allijudd

Visit site
naw stcuk him straight on it...no gippy tummy...infact his normally trashed bed has been calmer......

hes not to keen on eating it though and it takes him a lot longer to eat it.......

Pasha

Visit site
You were lucky then! Any new feed (even hay to haylage) should be introduced gradually (think the recommended is a week to 10 days) as sudden changes in the diet can cause colic

horsegirl

Visit site
They always say that but I don't know how many people actually do it. There was a post on here a while back about terrible things people have done and most of them posted that they had swapped feeds without gradually introducing them all to no ill effects.

jennystreek

Visit site
I weened my new mare onto it, and have to say that she is a different horse now to what she was like when she first arrived (ie, a complete nutter!!!)

I am starting to worry though that perhaps she is a little too relaxed to go BSJA - quite like a little spark!! However, as she was so mental to begin with, it is doing me good to bond with her without her scaring the living daylights out of me. have to say that i will probably only use it for a couple more months, and then put a bit more energy in to her ready for the eventing season. She is also on Magic calmer - wont be replacing this when it runs out, as she is already very relaxed now!!