Ride in fly mask recommendations please

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
The last few hacks I've been on we've been plagued by flies. I'm going to start riding out in his light mesh fluorescent exercise sheet to protect his back end but need a ride in fly mask. Can any one recommend one please?

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
I just ride in a normal flymask - it's this one from Shires.

https://shop.shiresequestrian.com/air-motion-fly-mask-with-ears-1

Touch wood, I've never had a problem with riding in a standard flymask and go on long hacks including roadwork.

I did wonder this morning if I could as obviously they can see out of them perfectly well. I've got the shires one like that but with the nose. I will give it a go in the school first. Thanks for that, saved me some money!!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
This is the Equilibrium face riding face net plus their muzzle net.
It is a bit of a pain to put on when attached to the bridle but worse if you put them on separately.
I had this for a previous horse otherwise I might have bought another brand with more jaw cover.
Pony is 14.2ish and both nets are full size as far as I can remember.
296D32B3-AED9-4F2D-B607-4FD0461AEECB.jpeg

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
On the Équirando we had fly makes of various brands and styles because on some days the flies were terrible.

Some had ear covers, my horse head bolts for his ears to stick through.

All the masks covered the sides of the head, but none covered the nose.

NinjaPony

Visit site
I just shoved his normal fairly see-through fly mask over his bridle for full face coverage including ears. Worked like a treat and I figured if they can see in the field then they can see out on a hack!

Best thing I did for summer hacks was buy a ride on fly rug (including a neck piece) and use a fly mask.

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
I have got a shires one that has no ears and no nose. I usually ride in a bonnet to covet ears so perhaps this mask would work will with that? Will have to give it a go before I spend money!!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
This is the Equilibrium face riding face net plus their muzzle net.
It is a bit of a pain to put on when attached to the bridle but worse if you put them on separately.
I had this for a previous horse otherwise I might have bought another brand with more jaw cover.
Pony is 14.2ish and both nets are full size as far as I can remember.
View attachment 97162
I had one of these. They are good but tiny sizes. I sold my full size as it presses on my TB who has a cob size bridle etc’ eyelashes and just looked uncomfortable.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I had one of these. They are good but tiny sizes. I sold my full size as it presses on my TB who has a cob size bridle etc’ eyelashes and just looked uncomfortable.

I noticed today that an eyelash or 2 had come through the mesh.
The net is quite old and soft so I will probably replace it for next year.
I have looked at the Cashel one. It looks like covers under the jaw loosely.

Wheresthehoofpick

Visit site
I have a HKM ride on one that fits over whole head except nose for my two. One also wears a nose net. Has more room than a full size normal shires that I have also used.