RideIrish - Dealers Sussex - Opinions urgently wanted!

Doublethyme

Visit site
Hi, I know they have been discussed before, but wondering if anyone had any opinions on the dealer "RideIrish" based in Sussex. A friend is near to buying from them for one of her children (experienced friend)

PM me if you would prefer to give opinion off the forum.

Thanks

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
I'd like to know too - not for any reason other than the horses all look nicely presented........ PMs accepted!
wink.gif

KatB

Visit site
Have only heard good things about them, a friend went to look but didnt end up buying, but was impressed with the horses and the people selling the horses.

wizoz

Visit site
Am about to put a spanner in the works......I just went up to sussex and passed the ride irish place, when I mentioned it to the lady who's horse I went to try, she said "don't touch them, they're all crooks" not only that "you need to have them for a week so that the drugs can wear off". Take that as you will, that's what I was told, so good luck.

Just make sure you have it dope tested.
crazy.gif

Bri

Visit site
I while back someone on here PM'd me a couple of times as they thought they recognised my horse as being from there. The person actually used to work for them - cant remember exactly what they said to me - but overall I think it was pretty negative.

Broodle

Visit site
I was just browsing through HorseQuest and noticed RideIrish have a 15.3hh horse on there advertised under the same photo as a 17hh horse on their own website. Could be an honest mistake of course, but set alarm bells ringing for me.

ETS: I have no personal experience of these dealers though!

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Tell them to go to Stubley Hollow. Or even just take a look at their website. Makes for refreshing reading. No silly promises, just down to earth, common sense talk. Heard good reports and their horses look like sensible types with plenty of background.

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
My experience of them was not good, to say the least!
Maybe I was just unlucky, I too would be interested to hear of other people`s opinions - pm`s appreciated as I am horse hunting again!
Have also been up to Stubley Hollow, would go again, very honest approach, with no hard sell, and horses as described.

Stella

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Tell them to go to Stubley Hollow. Or even just take a look at their website. Makes for refreshing reading. No silly promises, just down to earth, common sense talk. Heard good reports and their horses look like sensible types with plenty of background.

[/ QUOTE ] I second that. My gorgeous girl came from there 3 1/2 years ago and I know several other good horses that have too. The website is www.stubleyhollowfarm.com

charlie900

Visit site
A veryy good friend of mine has bought a few horses from ride irish . She has been pleased with them and uses them in her riding school! Also they sold another friends ex horse and they put in a lot of work on him and he was fabulous when he went

lucemoose

Visit site
Well a few livery owners I know get horses from Chuck, old RS gets them from him also, they often turn out to be pretty nice.

However, friend part exed her PC pony to another well known dealer, its ended up in above RS as a livery , came from Chuck - with a new name, new history and no passport when it was sold with one and has winnings, results etc.

Now am completly untrusting.

Doublethyme

Visit site
Thanks everyone for the messages and PMs. Have passed all details to my friend, but think she is still going ahead with vetting (with her vet though), so fingers doubled crossed it turns out OK (whether that means failing or passing, I'm not too sure!!!).

Personally I rarely "do" dealers, as have yet to find one I trust (except Elliot Rowe at Rowebuck Stud)