Rider fall in show jumping at Aske

Gamebird

Visit site
If it was a bloke about 9am ish on Sunday then he broke his leg and was ambulance'd to hospital. Was speaking to the ring stewards later (wasn't personally there at the time) and they said it was a very simple fall - may even have landed on his feet? - but they heard the bone snap :eek:.

PucciNPoni

Visit site
That was before we arrived...and I'm sorry to hijack but it's kind of relevent ;)

Walking the XC course, witnessed a bloke fall over a jump - he was okay. Caught the horse again and was surprised when they galloped past toward the next jump? I thought after a fall on XC that you weren't allowed to continue?

Allie5

Visit site
Poor guy but it's so easily done. My mares owner (she's on loan) fell off her last November. Very simple fall, landed on her feet initially then onto her bum. Fractured three vertebrae in the middle of her back!

Gamebird

Visit site
That was before we arrived...and I'm sorry to hijack but it's kind of relevent ;)

Walking the XC course, witnessed a bloke fall over a jump - he was okay. Caught the horse again and was surprised when they galloped past toward the next jump? I thought after a fall on XC that you weren't allowed to continue?

They briefly brought that rule in for about 3 months a couple of years ago to bring BE in line with the FEI rules but rescinded it pretty quickly amongst pretty strong opposition. So now you can still fall off (once in each jumping phase) at BE and continue, but not at FEI.

PucciNPoni

Visit site
They briefly brought that rule in for about 3 months a couple of years ago to bring BE in line with the FEI rules but rescinded it pretty quickly amongst pretty strong opposition. So now you can still fall off (once in each jumping phase) at BE and continue, but not at FEI.

Thanks for the clarification. I did wonder... :)

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
may even have landed on his feet? - but they heard the bone snap :eek:.

And that's how I acquired my horse! Previous owner was in a WH class jumped clear (the only one) and after the last jump Ludo slipped on landing she plopped off, landed on her feet but snapped the bone below her knee:eek: Six weeks later I owned the horse. The really weird thing was I was there watching when she did it, I didn't know her or the horse and I wasn't looking to buy a horse at the time either!

sorry, massive change of subject there:) just brought back a memory

Ashgrove

www.facebook.com
If it was a bloke about 9am ish on Sunday then he broke his leg and was ambulance'd to hospital. Was speaking to the ring stewards later (wasn't personally there at the time) and they said it was a very simple fall - may even have landed on his feet? - but they heard the bone snap :eek:.

Thanks, that was him. I didn't see him fall, but he was groaning quite loudly.

Sunset1

Visit site
We stabled at the same farm as the man on Sat night. He was called Grant and was from Stirling and was competing in the 100 regional final. Saw the fall and it did look straightforward. No-one went into the ring at first as i think they thought the crack was the jump and he would get up at any minute and remount. Felt so sorry for him and his partner after all the preparation they'd done. Would love to hear everything is ok.